Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Organizing a project to determine which sites are legit or rigged

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm extrapolating from Party's profit. Since they Party is a publicly traded company they have to publish annual reports.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.partygaming.com/investor/...l_summary.html

Party's net profit last year was $128M as it says on their site. And last year Party was bigger than Pokerstars so Pokerstars would've made nowhere near $400M. Party is obviously going to be making alot less this year without the US players, and I would imagine Pokerstars would too although I don't play there so I don't really know how much their traffic was affected.

[ QUOTE ]

Not really. If you had spent any amount of time in poker rooms you'd know fish never quit. They may run out of money but as soon as they get paid they are right back at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been a pro for the last 3 years, I've seen the fish who keep coming back and losing. I've also had my brother who works for a poker site run checks on certain players to see how much they are down and there are some guys who are losing a fortune month in month out. But these guys are the exceptions and eventually they go broke too and are not seen again. The vast majority of fish are gone in a few days, weeks, maybe months. No matter how long it takes for them though, the fact is that if they lost at half the rate they should lose at they would play for longer. It's a pity the fish didn't just keep coming back and dumping their wages as that is the main reason, along with legislation in the US, that the games have gotten significatnly harder in the last 9 months. If you had spent any amount of time in poker rooms you would notice the different names appearing every few weeks and other ones disappearing never to be seen again.

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. It is very very simple to test. It does not require anyone to share their hands. The whole process would take less then 2 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a simple test when you get everything together. It's getting all the data together and getting the long time respected posters to lend it credibility that is the problem. I don't see anybody coming forward with the data to do the test. If you have the data, the program to test it would be fairly basic and could be quickly coded.

And of course you would need people to share and co-operate on this operation, otherwise it's all coming from one person and has zero credibility. It was hard enough to convince some people in the Absolute thread even with all the big pros agreeing with the evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread cracks me up. The goal of this thread is to start a project to determine if sites are legit or not and in it contains (bolded statement above if true) a possible huge security flaw which I would view very troubling, but no one in this thread makes a comment about it.

Very strange.....

What this poster possibly unknowingly admitted to was obtaining "insider information" which gave him an edge. Who needs a fish finder when poker site's employees are tipping players off?

And if the sites are willing to share this information with some players, what else will they share?

I started another thread about this, but it just died with no interest.

Sometimes the cheating is in a very simple form right under our noses but we are trying to create some complicated project to determine something far more nefarious and complex is occurring.