Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 02:00 PM

Default 25NL - how should I have played JJ?

Taking a shot at 25NL, not really sure how different the standard of play is from 10NL so have been playing tightish. Not been at the table for long, villian is about 13/10/4 over 30 hands when this came up. I'm not a big fan of 3betting JJ from the blinds, but since it was 4 handed should I have 3bet his raise preflop?

Wasn't really sure what to do on the flop at the time [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img], maybe a c/r here is better than donking into him?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($25)
UTG ($8.25)
Button ($24.20)
SB ($48.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, Hero folds.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: 25NL - how should I have played JJ?

Standard.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:04 PM

Wait rewind sorry RR preflop
Old 11-30-2007, 02:12 PM

post flop is fine, but you have to 3-bet this pre all day long.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 PM

You gotta reraise preflop, looks like he's just trying to steal your blinds. Flop is fine, I wouldn't mind betting a little more.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:18 PM

I'll 3bet this preflop and cbet the flop. If I get reraised on the flop I lay down the hand. If I get called after my cbet then I have to evaluate the turn.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta reraise preflop, looks like he's just trying to steal your blinds. Flop is fine, I wouldn't mind betting a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the table was full (6 handed) do I still want to 3bet pf or call? If I had TT and it was 4 handed, is a call good preflop vs this villian or would that be a 3bet as well?

Looking back at it I agree I should've 3bet preflop, but I didn't know much about villian...which is another reason why I should 3bet. Yes calling was rather bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 02:42 PM

I am raising down through 77 in this spot
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 PM

I'm reraising any PP's from there...and you should ALWAYS RR jacks. I know there are people here who will try to disagree with that, but you should, and especially here. You're missing out on a ton of value if you're not doing it, any person who plays higher stakes will say the same. Plus - IMO - this is a perfect example of the advantages of doing so, namely:

1) Most likely, as said before, he's trying to steal here, in which case your hand dominates his range. By repopping you take the reins and letting him know your hand is better than his.

2) After this flop, if he doesn't have a king, he's folding. If he does have a King, unless it's AK or K10, he's folding.

I'm not saying the following, and I know it's never good advice to say "raise to let yourself know where you are". In this case you probably have the better hand and you're bleeding money by letting the button raiser push you around.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM

u don't want to ALWAYS 3b JJ preflop, but this is a time where you should. as played, why did you donk the flop? that's just asking to be raised off your hand. just c/c flop, and MAYBE c/c a safe turn if villain is pretty aggro. as played you can no longer continue with the hand so nice fold.