Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Comps at the Wynn (and/or Vegas in general)

You can go up to $100 in the negative. Min. comp is $20 they load your card and if you only use $15.90 then thats all it takes off your comps.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 AM

All good info. I'll be playing and staying at the Wynn Friday and Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting my revenge on the 1/3 or dabbbling in the 2-5. Those 3 dollar chips confused the hell out of me.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:29 AM

My last time there I wanted a sandwich. I tell the person assigned to get the food that I didn't know if I had enough on my card to cover the meal. She says to just give her the card and I got my food, no prob. They treat the players pretty well at the Wynn. I wish they'd become the #1 room in LV, but I like the B's 30 the best.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell the floor that you read this on 2+2, they take care of us real good at the Wynn!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shameful plug/advertising [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 07:02 PM

Glad I found this thread! I will also be staying over New Years Eve on the poker rate and I am really pumped up for the entire trip. I wish it was tomorrow.

Currently I multitable NL 100 mainly and plan to move up to NL 200 soon. My bankroll currently sits at 6K and hopefully will be larger come New Years.

I have been debating whether or not I want to play the $4/$8 limit game, or the $1/$3 NL game. I wanted to know what you guys opinions of the cash games were.

Does the no max buy in at the 1/3 game make the game play much bigger than it is? What are standard opening raises? What would you say an average buy in is? What would you recommend buying in at? How do you anticipate the competition being over New Years?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad I found this thread! I will also be staying over New Years Eve on the poker rate and I am really pumped up for the entire trip. I wish it was tomorrow.

Currently I multitable NL 100 mainly and plan to move up to NL 200 soon. My bankroll currently sits at 6K and hopefully will be larger come New Years.

I have been debating whether or not I want to play the $4/$8 limit game, or the $1/$3 NL game. I wanted to know what you guys opinions of the cash games were.

Does the no max buy in at the 1/3 game make the game play much bigger than it is? What are standard opening raises? What would you say an average buy in is? What would you recommend buying in at? How do you anticipate the competition being over New Years?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

No max at the wymm, Buy in for 300-500 is the standard. You dont need as much of a bankroll live as the competition is extremlly poor you should play 1/3 at least, keep an eye on the 2/5 at night, if a couple of guys are drunk you should take a shot.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 PM

Lets just hope Im not the drunk everyone is preying on at the 2/5
Old 11-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Fwiw the salmons are perfect for the floor toke. $3 gets you $20. I would always just hand the floor my card, holding a salmon between my thumb and the card, and ask for either zooza or buffet comp. From my first day in the room I had a 100% success rate w/ this strategy.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Hmm, so they're actually giving you a poker rate? (albeit modified) for new years? Interesting...
Old 11-28-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to talk about this game in my TR, but I'll do it now.

The 1/3 game is played with $3 chips which makes it kind of different. It took me about an hour or so to really get use to the bet sizing and chip stacks. 3 is not a nice number, but once you get used to just thinking in terms of chips it gets pretty easy.

I usually play 1/2 with $5 chips and I found the 1/3 game played noticably smaller. While I'm use to $10-$20 preflop raises the 1/3 game had standard preflop raises to $9-$15. Each street compared similarly with the 1/3 game being typically smaller but still more chips.

I found this structure led to some interesting changes. A limped pot preflop would usually have $12-18 in it (compared to 8-12 in 1/2) and then a standard flop bet of $12 (compared to $15 or 20 in 1/2) had a pretty good chance of taking the pot down. The bigger preflop pot and smaller flop bet led to a great opportunity to practice my LAG game because smaller $ value bets seemed to have a greater effect from the multiple chips. Maybe I just had a particularly weak-tight table.

I didn't find that the no-max buy-in had a big effect. In fact I only saw two people buy in for more than $300 and they were both very good. Most people had stacks between $100-$300 and I think I only saw 4 or 5 pots greater than $250 in my 14 hour session.

Overall I found it really fun (lots of chips always is) but not as profitable as a 1/2 game, and definitely not as profitable as the 2/5 game at Bellagio was on the weekend.