Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 10:50 PM

Default help with aches from Multitabling

Hi

This past week i decided to play alot more poker than I usually do online. 5000+ hands 6 tabling a day.

Now i have noticed that my forearm aches. I believe this is referred to as Carpel Tunnel?

Can anyone suggest ways for me to stop this from happening? Ive thought of using my left arm once in a while.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: help with aches from Multitabling

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

This past week i decided to play alot more poker than I usually do online. 5000+ hands 6 tabling a day.

Now i have noticed that my forearm aches. I believe this is referred to as Carpel Tunnel?

Can anyone suggest ways for me to stop this from happening? Ive thought of using my left arm once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

poker players are athletes..... it ain't easy, get a gym membership and start squating heavy
Old 11-25-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

[/ QUOTE ]

Ergonomic chair might help. Also look at a support glove.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:34 PM

get a mouse pad with a cushion where your wrist is and also make sure you are not pressing your arm down on the table when playing. This is usually around the forearm area and stops bloodflow to your hand.

Try to use your left hand when playing fewer tables
Old 11-26-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get a mouse pad with a cushion where your wrist is and also make sure you are not pressing your arm down on the table when playing. This is usually around the forearm area and stops bloodflow to your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sick. I registered four months after the rat and I already have twice the posts.

But I noticed one guy who joined around three days ago and he already had about four hundred posts. Does he have a life? Do I for that matter?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sick. I registered four months after the rat and I already have twice the posts.

But I noticed one guy who joined around three days ago and he already had about four hundred posts. Does he have a life? Do I for that matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. 'the rat'

I was a lurker for a long while. i think ive posted all my replies in the past 3 weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok cool, thanks for the advice.

I always had my arm pushed on table. I just tried holding my mouse without my arm no table, 5 secs, could tell that wouldnt work for me already haha. Mouse closer to edge i guess.

Looks like I need to invest in a better mouse (with cushion).
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 AM

ahhh turns out work has one ofthose mouse pads with cushion.

Some special gel in it or some crap. Alright im all set to multitable :-)
Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 AM

I think that 'gel' is also used for fake boobs ! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] sorry completely off topic but had to say it
Old 11-26-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that 'gel' is also used for fake boobs ! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] sorry completely off topic but had to say it

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS). It is also used in microfluidic devices and as a food additive. I'm using it in my research project to build a test structure to measure the electrical properties of a self-assembled monolayer of alkanethiol molecules. It's versatile stuff.