Old 05-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Guthrie Guthrie is offline

Location: Underground
Default Re: Absolute poker locked my acct and took my money

LOL. You deposited $2000, transferred $250 to a friend, then cashed out $1000 with virtually no play, leaving $750 in the account. Yeah, that makes it okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, what? I don't see anything in the T&C's that say they get the right to keep your money for doing this. If they did, I wouldn't play there. Would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I'd play there. I wouldn't deposit $2000, transfer $250 to you, then withdraw $1000 without playing.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Bagalya Bagalya is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. You deposited $2000, transferred $250 to a friend, then cashed out $1000 with virtually no play, leaving $750 in the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite true. But the earlier statement about withdrawing what was left is not.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:53 PM
BluffTHIS! BluffTHIS! is offline

Location: I can hold my breath longer than the Boob

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of you guys should ease up. I don't know whether this guy is on the level or not but neither do you. These are the same people who own Ultimate Bet and there is no good reason to blindly trust them. Go easy on the trolling until you actually have something worthwhile to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

SW,

All the usual elements are present in OP's story that we have seen a hundred times before:

1) n00b posting account instead of longtime poster;

2) transferring money to another player;

3) withdrawing soon after a deposit and limited play.

All of those factors, common to scams and chip dumps, do not indicate any credibility that should lead to other posters "easing up". Even if he is on the level and is just stupid, being a n00b account shouldn't lead others to be willing to help him as the probability is just too high he's not on the level.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Bagalya Bagalya is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]

Did you actually see the email he received from AP or did he just say this after you told him your story?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat with him together at his computer table, as he did the search for "Absolute" in his yahoo.ca mail. Then we read everything that came in from them. Starting from the "welcome" e-mail to transfer notification, to the e-mail about closed account, and to the random piece of spam which contained words "absolutely free" in it.

[ QUOTE ]

The rest of you guys should ease up. I don't know whether this guy is on the level or not but neither do you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a lady, not a guy. Otherwise thanks.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Bagalya Bagalya is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]

All the usual elements are present in OP's story that we have seen a hundred times before:

1) n00b posting account instead of longtime poster;

2) transferring money to another player;

3) withdrawing soon after a deposit and limited play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am afraid your earlier stories invoved (3) from (2) i.e. withdrawing money coming from a transfer after little or no play. This is nowhere near my situation.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:17 PM
GrindingIt GrindingIt is offline
Member

Location: GrindingIt

If you want anyone to take you serious post the emails your received from Absolute. Also, write an email for them stating your case and tell them you need clarification for the reasons why your account is closed. Post that email and their response to it. Otherwise, you're wasting time here.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:18 PM
slipslope slipslope is offline
Junior Member

Bagalya Can you post the email you recieved from Absolute?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 PM
train. train. is offline

Location: back on the ground

I don't have an opinion on OP problems but the insinuations being posted that there is something wrong with depositing funds and then turning right around and withdrawing them are ludicrous.

Email between me and AP about a year ago.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Bobby,

It’s great to hear you are interested. The requirements for clearing the pending bonus are here: http://www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsPromotions.asp. The only restriction for a cash out is that it can’t be done less than 48hrs after your last deposit, after that you can withdraw everything in your real money account, regardless of how much you have in you pending bonus account. Thanks again and feel free to contact me with any other questions you might have.

_______________________

Mark Kandler

AbsolutePoker ~ VIP Host

MKandler@AbsolutePoker.com

Join us for the $100K GUARANTEED this Saturday at 16:30 ET! See http://www.absolutepoker.com/tournam...mentWeekly.asp for more details!

Old 05-13-2007, 11:28 PM
cardcounter0 cardcounter0 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have an opinion on OP problems but the insinuations being posted that there is something wrong with depositing funds and then turning right around and withdrawing them are ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was before the merger with UB, right? ok thks.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:31 PM
train. train. is offline

Location: back on the ground

I don't have an opinion on OP problems but the insinuations being posted that there is something wrong with depositing funds and then turning right around and withdrawing them are ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was before the merger with UB, right? ok thks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does UB/AP now have a policy that you can't withdraw all funds 48 hours (or whatever timelimit) after depositing without play?