Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Absolute poker locked my acct and took my money

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LOL. You deposited $2000, transferred $250 to a friend, then cashed out $1000 with virtually no play, leaving $750 in the account. Yeah, that makes it okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, what? I don't see anything in the T&C's that say they get the right to keep your money for doing this. If they did, I wouldn't play there. Would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I'd play there. I wouldn't deposit $2000, transfer $250 to you, then withdraw $1000 without playing.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. You deposited $2000, transferred $250 to a friend, then cashed out $1000 with virtually no play, leaving $750 in the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite true. But the earlier statement about withdrawing what was left is not.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of you guys should ease up. I don't know whether this guy is on the level or not but neither do you. These are the same people who own Ultimate Bet and there is no good reason to blindly trust them. Go easy on the trolling until you actually have something worthwhile to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

SW,

All the usual elements are present in OP's story that we have seen a hundred times before:

1) n00b posting account instead of longtime poster;

2) transferring money to another player;

3) withdrawing soon after a deposit and limited play.

All of those factors, common to scams and chip dumps, do not indicate any credibility that should lead to other posters "easing up". Even if he is on the level and is just stupid, being a n00b account shouldn't lead others to be willing to help him as the probability is just too high he's not on the level.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you actually see the email he received from AP or did he just say this after you told him your story?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat with him together at his computer table, as he did the search for "Absolute" in his yahoo.ca mail. Then we read everything that came in from them. Starting from the "welcome" e-mail to transfer notification, to the e-mail about closed account, and to the random piece of spam which contained words "absolutely free" in it.

[ QUOTE ]

The rest of you guys should ease up. I don't know whether this guy is on the level or not but neither do you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a lady, not a guy. Otherwise thanks.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All the usual elements are present in OP's story that we have seen a hundred times before:

1) n00b posting account instead of longtime poster;

2) transferring money to another player;

3) withdrawing soon after a deposit and limited play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am afraid your earlier stories invoved (3) from (2) i.e. withdrawing money coming from a transfer after little or no play. This is nowhere near my situation.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:17 PM

If you want anyone to take you serious post the emails your received from Absolute. Also, write an email for them stating your case and tell them you need clarification for the reasons why your account is closed. Post that email and their response to it. Otherwise, you're wasting time here.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:18 PM

Bagalya Can you post the email you recieved from Absolute?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 PM

I don't have an opinion on OP problems but the insinuations being posted that there is something wrong with depositing funds and then turning right around and withdrawing them are ludicrous.

Email between me and AP about a year ago.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Bobby,

It’s great to hear you are interested. The requirements for clearing the pending bonus are here: http://www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsPromotions.asp. The only restriction for a cash out is that it can’t be done less than 48hrs after your last deposit, after that you can withdraw everything in your real money account, regardless of how much you have in you pending bonus account. Thanks again and feel free to contact me with any other questions you might have.

Mark Kandler

AbsolutePoker ~ VIP Host

MKandler@AbsolutePoker.com

Join us for the $100K GUARANTEED this Saturday at 16:30 ET! See http://www.absolutepoker.com/tournam...mentWeekly.asp for more details!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 10:56 PM
To: mkandler@AbsolutePoker.com
Subject: Re: Absolute Poker Exclusive Bonus Offer

Hey Mark, thanks for the call and the email. I will most likely be redepositing to take advantage of your offer. My only questions are 1) what are the requirements for clearing these 2 bonuses? 2) are there any restrictions on withdrawing any of the deposited funds before the bonuses are cleared?

Thanks again, Bobby.

----- Original Message -----

To: xxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:04 PM

Subject: Absolute Poker Exclusive Bonus Offer

Hello Bobby,

It was great speaking with you today and once again I appreciate your time! Please keep in mind this is a special promotion that is not available on our website or advertised anywhere else. This offer is valid only for player xxxxxx. Don’t hesitate to inquire with any questions or comments.

- With your next deposit you will receive:

- 5% UNRESTRICTED CASH! (capped at $75)

- 30% added to your pending bonus account! (capped at $450)

- Our EXCLUSIVE end of month VIP Invitational! (About 75 to100 players…$1,500 prize pool)

- If you make it $250 or more, we will throw in an:

- AP Gift Pack! (AbsolutePoker Ballcap, Polo-style shirt, souvenir poker chip etc. – please specify shirt size.)

This is a one time offer only. Your deposit must be made with in 7 days of this offer.

IMPORTANT: Reply to this email after you make your deposit in order to receive your bonuses and set up tourneys – or if you just need help!

Regards,

Mark Kandler

AbsolutePoker ~ VIP Host

MKandler@AbsolutePoker.com

Join us for the $100K GUARANTEED every other Saturday at 16:30 ET! See http://www.absolutepoker.com/tournam...mentWeekly.asp for more details!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-13-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have an opinion on OP problems but the insinuations being posted that there is something wrong with depositing funds and then turning right around and withdrawing them are ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was before the merger with UB, right? ok thks.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That was before the merger with UB, right? ok thks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does UB/AP now have a policy that you can't withdraw all funds 48 hours (or whatever timelimit) after depositing without play?