Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: the Well: Jstill

Did you know it was customary to ask the mods for a green light before starting a well?

Upon learning this, do you think I'm going to lock this thread, ban you or otherwise punish you? Will Aussie or Racious?

How did you get started in poker? Could you give us a little bit of your poker story?

What's your favorite beer? Hard liquor? Mixed drink?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you know it was customary to ask the mods for a green light before starting a well?

Upon learning this, do you think I'm going to lock this thread, ban you or otherwise punish you? Will Aussie or Racious?

How did you get started in poker? Could you give us a little bit of your poker story?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-21-2007, 11:10 AM

Hi!

Ty for doing this!

1) Suppose U raise 66 from MP and only BB calls. BB donks the flop. What goes through ur mind?

2) Do u play any other forms of poker besides hold'em? Which one do u recomend to start with?

Ooops gotto run to my bus now, was shorter than I meant, but I come back later. See ya!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it true that the combined length of your posts at 2+2 contains more words than the "Lord of the rings"-trilogy?

[/ QUOTE ]

its possible, im definitely the king of making thats that are tl;dr

I have a couple super long threads and responses in poker theory right now...
Old 08-21-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you moving to NL because limit is simply not worth it anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

no not really just doing something different and I like u can get so many hands in so quickly in NL as I ll be busier next year with school than I have been previously. I think the stars games are pretty juicy from whta Ive seen... miles different than wsex
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt realize that actually my bad... ithought i read before anyone could do a well, but I guess that meant with permission. I hope I wont be punished from my ignorance in any way though I really dont know u aussie or Racious at all whereas I know the mods in small stakes and sssh moreso so... not sure.. maybe i guess??

to go back to badger I chose the micro forum becuz those lurkers or regular posters are perhaps the ones I could give the most poker insight to whereas the regulars in mid high or sssh know theyre stuff probably as well or better than myself.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-21-2007, 11:35 AM

funny thing actually I had never realized there was another limit forum (the micros) until i had already been a pooh bah (though I had a star already at that point haha)

actually I just noticed I have the carpel tunnel undertitle now weird... its been blank since my star got removed... which mod did that? thanks.. I think ive earned carpel tunnel status for sure due to the length of many of my posts and the act im developing it from poker/posting haha
Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 AM

How is Ricky Santos going to do in his senior year? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Doc

P.S. Right now I have football on my brain more than poker.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my poker story is kinda similar to most peoples I guess... started playing NL tourneys with friends in college around the poker boom. We played pretty much everyday, usually for money at night and fun during the day ( I probably only went to about 50% of my classes all throughout college so we played a ton).

I thought I was the best and a rounder immediately. I was ok just from common sense/ logic and reading a couple books. I read super systems, and hellmuths book (which isnt great) and then skimmed theory of poker (god I was such a donk I had it all backwards) I read Caros tell book and learned the percentages vaguely from watchin poker on tv.

I was the UNH all greek and student wide tournament champs which netted me like 500 bucks each which seemed like alot back then. The second of those tournaments was during the Red sox championship my senior year in 2005 and I spent almost all of it on shots at the bar that night and then me and my gf got PC'd walking back to her apartment lolol... I was 21 already obviously... Ive since been PC'd agan since being 21 which is pretty sad I think.

At the end of college my gf always hated poker cuz she thought I didnt have any serious ambitions and lived too easy of a life ( I didnt work my senior year poker paid for beer money in local home games though I didnt know the game at all). ALso her dad was a former scratch ticket addict so...

After college I did insurance sales for a bit, hated the cold calling, and had to have surgery on my neck so I quit. I started running a friends small business til I found something else and got into online poker. My friend AJML gave me SSHE and I started lurking on 2p2 in October before last and deposited 150 bucks to bonus whore since I had tons of freetime at work on the computer... the rest is pretty much history.

By january I was making more than most of my friends between my crappy 12 dollar an hour job and online poker and by May I was gonna leave my job and decide to go to grad school as a fall back plan (which Im happy I did) though giving up a job where I could play poker at work and get another hourly was pretty stupid. My first posts on this forum were actually about leaving my job and budgeting a plan to be a pro. Unfortunately a few months later I could no longer play on the sites I wanted to due to the ban and made the move to wsex where my hourly was a bit worse and the games were more frustrating and high variance for sure.