Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: River question. FR 30/60 stars Lo8

I would play this hand pf maybe 40% of the time.

I like the way you played it to the river, and with your read on the opponent I would have bet out the river as well.

I would expect most opponents to play the hand as cero says. If they like to play big cards adn had AAw, they would have raised you on the turn, which makes a river bet almost mandatory from you.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop raise is mandatory and the easiest street this hand I want to get HU vs the PFR as unless he has Ac2cAx3x or some other sick monster I have good equity against him for half and some scoop combos. I also can sometimes make CO fold a better low draw or better clubs or a gutshot straight. Cleaning up my outs is a goal of mine when I play non nut hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-25-2007, 04:53 PM

I don't think evita would c/r the turn with AA23 unless evita had nut clubs. Against me personally. Because 95% of the time I have trips when I bet the turn as CO could def have 10x. Yes this hand makes a lot of weak non nut hands but when it does it makes a weak low and a weak high and if I can get it HU I usually get half. Which is my plan in a lot of pots which I see better players do so I copycat it. Also, to get a weaker hand to showdown is good from time to time so they can't always put me on A2xx or A3xx when I enter a pot.