Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: which handle should i use 4 stars?
lolbbvaments 7 10.77%
mike oxinyermom 3 4.62%
sirpwnsalot 8 12.31%
kneegroplz 15 23.08%
good4me2poopon 6 9.23%
BASTARD! FACK OOT! 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
get your ass over to the AP superuser threads in BBV.

really really short version.....
1. guy loses tournament and thinks he is cheated, gets sent an excel file containing raw data containing EVERYONES hole cards. Hand analysis shows that cheater makes expert plays that he couldnt have made without hole card knowledge...THEN further decoding of the logs is done that suggest a user 363 was observing the suspected cheater table the whole time. 363 is thus suspected of being some sort of superuser who feeds holecard data direct to the cheater.

Josems OP in a thread he started gives a nice summary

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozi, you left out the juiciest part. The data containing the tournament also contained IP address info. It wasn't a direct read out, as in, POTRIPPER is at x.x.x.x, but they were able to identify the IP of the superuser and trace it back to a location: it was coming from Costa Rica, but it wasn't from Absolute's HQ. It was from a private cable modem. They were even able to trace that cable modem to an individual: Absolute's CEO and owner Scott Tom.

I'm not saying the following as an official rep of 2+2 publishing, but personally, I'd pull any and all money out of Absolute right now if you haven't already.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 AM

This is what I don't understand, why not wait for better spots? If you know the cards you can't lose, why call with 10 high. Why would you make it so obvious?

Nothing makes me happier than when CEOs are involved, they are so greedy they just can't help themselves.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. guy loses tournament and thinks he is cheated, gets sent an excel file containing raw data containing EVERYONES hole cards. Hand analysis shows that cheater makes expert plays that he couldnt have made without hole card knowledge...THEN further decoding of the logs is done that suggest a user 363 was observing the suspected cheater table the whole time. 363 is thus suspected of being some sort of superuser who feeds holecard data direct to the cheater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozi, you left out the juiciest part. The data containing the tournament also contained IP address info. It wasn't a direct read out, as in, POTRIPPER is at x.x.x.x, but they were able to identify the IP of the superuser and trace it back to a location: it was coming from Costa Rica, but it wasn't from Absolute's HQ. It was from a private cable modem. They were even able to trace that cable modem to an individual: Absolute's CEO and owner Scott Tom.

I'm not saying the following as an official rep of 2+2 publishing, but personally, I'd pull any and all money out of Absolute right now if you haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

*lifts jaw off ground*
Old 10-17-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* *cough* aahhhhh-[censored] *cough* *cough*

No way I believe someone that connected would do something this stupid.

Anyways... one thing this does seem to show... even knowing everyone's hole-cards he did lose some hands on the turn and river when he got drawn out, so the usual 'rigged' allegation is knowing what cards are coming (pattern mapper) doesn't apply here in a clear-case where cheating was going on.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:59 AM

Actually, I think it'd be an interesting theory question as to which would be more profitable, knowing the hole cards of everyone at the table, or knowing what cards would come. I'm inclined to guess that it's the former.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think it'd be an interesting theory question as to which would be more profitable, knowing the hole cards of everyone at the table, or knowing what cards would come. I'm inclined to guess that it's the former.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that the former can give you an idea as to the latter but not visa versa, I don't think it's close.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saying that the common complaint is that cards are rigged for action, and then the precise card that makes the person lose comes out.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that the former can give you an idea as to the latter but not visa versa, I don't think it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...not even close
Old 10-17-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Farty McSimmons
2. F. McSimmons

[/ QUOTE ]

darsh, i totally forgot to tell you but i was kinda gassy the other day and i thought to myself, "geez, i'm totally farty today." but then i was like, "no, i'm totally farty *mcsimmons* today." and then i thought, "i will always call you farty," and lol'd and the cashier was like, "what's so funny?" and i was like ".....the internet."

[/ QUOTE ]

NC thread tittle nomination. It's simple but it's so true.

[/ QUOTE ]
"geez, i'm totally farty today" works better, IMNSHO.

Also, the idea of tyler in a public place just walking around and dropping devastating SBD's makes me LOL for some reason, and I can't figure out why.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hadn't considered that, but knowing half the deck is a pretty good way to evaluate your draws.
Closed Thread