Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Huge pot top set when to raise?

how is there even discussion going on in here? this thread belong in the beginner's forum
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how is there even discussion going on in here? this thread belong in the beginner's forum

[/ QUOTE ]

op 3 bet preflop, then is 3 betting again with top set. all hands that peel and make a 2 pair are cc'ing turn instead of leading into him drawing dead, and he can make up more profit knowing that the cr'er is betting 100% on turn UI, and betting turn with a decent hand will go 4 bets regardless? against most draws op is 3 to 1 favorite and by turn they are all getting favorable odds in a pot this size to peel no matter what. i like charging 2 bets+ on turn otb here and sandwiching in the 4 guys calling cold + u know the blinds will tag along.

this is very situation specific and i think u should've included that mp1 will bet turn UI and everyone is likely to call in original post.

but yea, i guess totally beginner stuff.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:44 PM

I knew the answer before I read the post. Hint: the answer to your question is almost always the flop.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:49 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

at every oppurtunity
Old 09-04-2007, 10:19 PM

Raise now.

You can consider waiting to raise the turn if you don't like money.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Live 12-24 juicy Game: Game is very loose, a lot of players to the flop, lots of money on the table.

-8 Players-
Preflop: UTG,UTG+1 folds, MP1 through 3 limps, Hijack Raises, CO calls, I three bet on the button with A-A, SB and BB call.
Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop gets checked around to me, i bet. three callers, mp1 2 bets, gets called all the way to me.

Should i 3-bet the flop on this drawy board, or wait till the turn to pop it up so the raiser bets into me and if the flush draw doesnt get there, get players to cold call two bets to chase their draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should wait. You're gambling a near-certainty of getting 1 more small bet x X players, against a chance of getting 2 big bets x (X-2) players on the turn. This only has to work about 1 time in 3.5 to be a net expected-value gain.

Check-raiser is almost certain to bet again on the turn.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think you should wait. You're gambling a near-certainty of getting 1 more small bet x X players, against a chance of getting 2 big bets x (X-2) players on the turn. This only has to work about 1 time in 3.5 to be a net expected-value gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're completely ignoring the high probability the MP1 really likes his hand. Also since everybody has been calling so far indicates that they are not going anywhere soon. You can use MP1 to get oodles of bets on both the flop and the turn out of all the folks drawing, some of whom are drawing dead. Don't forget you have the best hand and the best draw too.

My results started getting better when I started pounding on the flop. There are times to wait until the turn, but this is not one of them.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Live 12-24 juicy Game: Game is very loose, a lot of players to the flop, lots of money on the table.

-8 Players-
Preflop: UTG,UTG+1 folds, MP1 through 3 limps, Hijack Raises, CO calls, I three bet on the button with A-A, SB and BB call.
Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop gets checked around to me, i bet. three callers, mp1 2 bets, gets called all the way to me.

Should i 3-bet the flop on this drawy board, or wait till the turn to pop it up so the raiser bets into me and if the flush draw doesnt get there, get players to cold call two bets to chase their draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should wait. You're gambling a near-certainty of getting 1 more small bet x X players, against a chance of getting 2 big bets x (X-2) players on the turn. This only has to work about 1 time in 3.5 to be a net expected-value gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we can all positive your line wont win the most on the river in the long run.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-8 Players-

[/ QUOTE ]

Play it fast, you might not get to the river having the best hand like you have on the flop. You have to drive out the idiot who is holding a lone spade such as the K,J,10,9 of spades who is looking to get lucky with back door running spades. Also, I've seen huckelberries who play on here witn K-Jo or 10-J play on for the gutshot/backdoor straight.

To quote Sklansky the Great "Win the big pots right away."
Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 PM

Throw money at the center of the table. As much as you can. Right now.