Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Horrible Moderation In Politics Forum

[ QUOTE ]
Anti-semitism is a lot more troubling than boobs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. But let's not pretend that 2+2 has some sort of pristine image to keep up.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I propose the following compromise:

1) iron voluntarily resigns without conditions (his saying he will do so if someone he thinks will be a good mod is unacceptable since his poor judgement is at issue and that judgement can't be trusted to make the determination of whom should be mod either), and Mat asks vulturesrow to step down as well for inactivity (note vulturesrow is a serving military officer and apparently doesn't have time - kudos to him for his service to our country).

2) 2 posters from each side of the aisle be permanently exiled from the politics forum via the same software mechanism OOT uses for same:

From the Loony and Intellectually Dishonest Left: Mickey and Chris Alger

From the Wacky and Teller of Uncomfortable Truths Right: BluffTHIS! and a conservative poster to be chosen by the loony left through a poll with runoff if necessary and only regular posters voting

*bonus option to exile ACPlayer and a 3rd conservative poster to also be chosen by leftist poll

3) <font color="black">[censored]</font> return as mod of the politics forum

4) And at his discretion ban any trolls, where troll is defined as a poster whose posting history there primarily consists of making one-liner bumper-stickerish slogan propaganda postings and links to such, without giving any of his own reasoning supporting such conclusions. No effort will be made to achieve left/right balance on this as trolling is just trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys,

That is a very reasonable and workable compromise above that I proposed. Don't let it die on the vine.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, politics is the toughest forum to moderate by far IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why we need a moderator who is intelligent. Intelligent enough to get a Ph.D. in astrophysics and not some hack poli-sci major who hasn't even figured out how to get inside of a vagina yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

youre implying that borodog should be the politics forum mod? well thats a terrible choice, but can it really get any worse?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

I propose the following compromise:

1) iron voluntarily resigns without conditions (his saying he will do so if someone he thinks will be a good mod is unacceptable since his poor judgement is at issue and that judgement can't be trusted to make the determination of whom should be mod either), and Mat asks vulturesrow to step down as well for inactivity (note vulturesrow is a serving military officer and apparently doesn't have time - kudos to him for his service to our country).

2) 2 posters from each side of the aisle be permanently exiled from the politics forum via the same software mechanism OOT uses for same:

From the Loony and Intellectually Dishonest Left: Mickey and Chris Alger

From the Wacky and Teller of Uncomfortable Truths Right: BluffTHIS! and a conservative poster to be chosen by the loony left through a poll with runoff if necessary and only regular posters voting

*bonus option to exile ACPlayer and a 3rd conservative poster to also be chosen by leftist poll

3) <font color="black">[censored]</font> return as mod of the politics forum

4) And at his discretion ban any trolls, where troll is defined as a poster whose posting history there primarily consists of making one-liner bumper-stickerish slogan propaganda postings and links to such, without giving any of his own reasoning supporting such conclusions. No effort will be made to achieve left/right balance on this as trolling is just trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys,

That is a very reasonable and workable compromise above that I proposed. Don't let it die on the vine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw Bluff....c'mon man!

I know you're trying hard in your own way, but this is not an arcane tete-a-tete debating contest to be decided in some sort of us vs. them manner.

You've been around through this whole fiasco, and you certainly know that there's much more to it than that.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, politics is the toughest forum to moderate by far IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why we need a moderator who is intelligent. Intelligent enough to get a Ph.D. in astrophysics and not some hack poli-sci major who hasn't even figured out how to get inside of a vagina yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

youre implying that borodog should be the politics forum mod? well thats a terrible choice, but can it really get any worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

You.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a somewhat frequent peruser and occasional poster I would just like to say I think Iron does a decent job. Although he probably errs too much on the PC side with the race stuff, this may very well be necessitated by the powers that be, surely they prefer he err on the side of caution. He seems to be virtually egoless and has a genuine desire to be as fair as possible. You guys need to relax, the politics forum although surely not perfect, is far from broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron IS in a no-win position.

Let's try to be accurate, and I think you have in your post.

He started off over-utilizing his modding powers, and got his head handed to him very quickly.

He handled that very well, IMO, and has shown a consistent willingness to discuss his decisions and has also shown a willingness to "learn".

Do some of his decisions not make sense to me? Yes, in a very few cases I "don't get it", but the guy has never claimed to be perfect.

I think this particular issue vs. Iron is making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Any of us who have been in the Politics Forum for any length of time have seen much more serious transgressions by other mods.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bb.....Agreed.

FWIW, I'd like to remind those who may not remember accurately that the 'issue' that closed down the Politics Forum the first time was ostensibly NOT anti-seimitism, but rather in Mason's own words, the propagation of ideologies/philosophies of 'Hate'.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bb.....Agreed.

FWIW, I'd like to remind those who may not remember accurately that the 'issue' that closed down the Politics Forum the first time was ostensibly NOT anti-seimitism, but rather in Mason's own words, the propagation of ideologies/philosophies of 'Hate'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason just didn't want the secret of the Jewish conspiracy to rule the world to get out.

Just kidding, do not ban me!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've levied my fair share of criticism at Iron and 2p2 management for how the Politics forum is moderated -- and I'm of the opinion that his handling of the 4high thread was bewildering at best and dreadfully absurd at worst; but I also don't quite understand why iron is taking so much criticism.

I have some sympathy for iron's plight, because it seems as if the BluffTHIS and Borodog camp want to pillory iron for being a shrinking violent when it comes to moderating what they see as trollish elements of the Politics forum (whatever that means), while the TomCollins/4high camp seem to claim iron is far too aggressive in his moderation. I don't see how this is a battle iron can win.

I suspect most people on the Politics forum who are adamant about moderator changes merely want to have a moderator that expunges ideological opponents that they find obnoxious while simultaneously taking a hands-off approach to themselves and their ideological allies. I'll grant that others are perhaps upset iron stepped on their toes in the past and now have a vendetta against him.

In that respect, if the Politics forum is really clamoring for heavy-handed moderation, I think someone like [censored] is preferable, given that his support from the site administrators is unquestioned and his past political moderation seemed less motivated by ideology and more a product of his own non-partisan whims. At the very least, charges of partisan or ideological biases against [censored] never seemed to hold much weight in his short stint as moderator but often seem to dog other moderators (iron, MMMMMM and even to some extent andyfox).

[/ QUOTE ]

DV.......

Given that we've both been present through the whole history of the Politics (and reborn Politics-Lite) Forum, I will tag on to your post and totally agree with your above post.

At best, it is a smokescreen that hides the basic issues surrounding moderation in the Politics Forum.

We've been round-&amp;-round on that one ad nauseum, and IMO, the REAL issue never came to light.

I don't know whether it's worth bringing it up again.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bb.....Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason just didn't want the secret of the Jewish conspiracy to rule the world to get out.

Just kidding, do not ban me!

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao.....out of the mouths of babes!
Closed Thread