Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt took $100 from me

Are you Slow? The CC seized the $100, that I originally deposited and was still in my account. FT took it from my account and gave it to back to the CC. Now that everything is settled FT has $100 again, and leaves me with 33.92.

Heck, if I lost let's say 5 bucks, my acocunt would of been -$5 acccording to FT. Where is the T&C that you refer to? I don't see anything relating to it here: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/terms.php.

Please, enlighten us.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Hold this coversation. No more replies. I am calling the cc, to find out what happened. FT sent me an email and from what it is trying to say - which is not quite clear - ...well, let me just check it out.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't recognize the $100 full tilt charge? Riiiiight

[/ QUOTE ]

when i deposited to full tilt by my credit card they charged it to some ps3 website that looked really shady

i was about to reverse it til i realized it was probably from them
Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you Slow? The CC seized the $100, that I originally deposited and was still in my account. FT took it from my account and gave it to back to the CC. Now that everything is settled FT has $100 again, and leaves me with 33.92.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

"Now that every thing is settled"? Its "settled" by FTP taking the $100 from your account, returning it to your credit card company, and them returning it to you! Where did FTP magically get this $100 from? They owe you nothing.

Please post a screenshot of two *separate* $100 deposits, else I will simply consider you a moran and move on.

P.S. Stop getting defensive. Your story has changed several times. Don't make my put your quotes next to each other to make it obvious.

[ QUOTE ]
My story didn't change...so, stop slandering and discrediting me with your double talk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-29-2007, 12:29 PM

Kurt,

Wow. Someone realized what I was saying to him. omg.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brendan,

I know we had one disagreement in the betting forum, but are you blindly taking shots at me here? I agree 100% with your time line, that's the point I've been making! He charged back $100, the funds were then grabbed by the CC company. "FT settles" - there is no settlement this fast, before any paperwork, not a chance. So essentially, he should've had the foresight to realize SHOULD he re-deposit the $100, it's 1000% certain FTP will seize that just as the CC company did from them.

What he's claiming is a "settlement" was him emailing them, that's ludicrous, it doesn't work that way. They still have to go through the whole process with the CC company should they want to pursue it, since it was a legitimate charge, and they are of course not obligated to since in their mind should he deposit again they're taking the $100 that's owed. Their T&C is crystal clear of this, in fact, they were lenient in letting him keep the $33 he won.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I understand what you're saying (in between all the yelling), but I just want to be clear what the implications are. FTP is owed 100 insofar as the 100 was used to increase the OP's playing balance. Now that he made the legitimate charge to FTP, the service (increase in balance by 100) should be carried out. Right?

OP has deposited 200, 100 of which was seized from FT from the CC compnay. So he should have 100 in deposits in his account, no? Did FTP take the (second) 100 deposit? Will his FTP balance increase by 100 after a certain amount of time?

Edit: I suspect FTP is making sure they are not going to get charged back again before crediting his account with the deposit. After getting burned once, they will wait for X amount of time before the second 100 goes in his account.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:19 PM

Abreu,

Technically, all he deposited was $100, that's why the second deposit wasn't credited. Because simply, he deposited 100 the first time, did the chargeback. The funds were then attained by the CC company, now here's where op's illustration comes in... he claims he emailed FTP and "settled the misunderstanding", then deposited 100 again.

This is where the fork in the road comes. He did not settle it with an email, the CC company didn't re-reverse the chargeback, he made another deposit true, but the initial 100 was confiscated from FTP so in their mind, should they not want to pursue 100 bucks from Visa, they're going to deduct it from his next deposit. I highly suspect he's never done a chargeback before and doesn't understand the process involved, there was no instantaneous "oops my bad", let me re-deposit the 100 and play like nothing happened. That re-deposit is rightfully seized to account for the first chargeback. i've never done this with a poker site, but i suspect he'll have to go through his CC company first to explain his mistake, then FTP.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Full Tilt took DID NOT TAKE $100 from me

I misunderstood FullTilt's actions. The error was on my part. FT did not take any funds from me. I apologize to all for the confusion.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt took DID NOT TAKE $100 from me

[ QUOTE ]
I misunderstood FullTilt's actions. The error was on my part. FT did not take any funds from me. I apologize to all for the confusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt took DID NOT TAKE $100 from me

Thanks for coming back and clarifying.

NH, mindstatez. It looks like in between all your yelling [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] you had the best handle on this.