Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: What do you fear?

Yeah, I forgot fearing certain issue with women; I absolutely dread some of those.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:41 PM

a few times every year or so I'll have a moment of super-awareness, where I realize that I'm actually alive, and that one day I will disappear from existence. it's not quite a panic attack, but it's close, and I'd say it's actually much worse. I'm curious if anyone else has. I've only met one person who has, but it might be the kind of thing that lots of people have but don't talk about.

nothing else really gets me. confrontations, hieghts, and flying all make me nervous but not so much that I can't talk it out with people/go rock climbing/fly.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:57 PM

Mean people. Loneliness (long time). Death.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:44 PM

Old 05-28-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Dying - I'm not sure how more people aren't terrified of this. I'm young, but the thought that some day I'm just going to fade to black and my entire existence is going to cease is troubling. Like, I can't imagine how crappy I'm going to feel when I'm 60, and think, "Boy, I'm 6/8th done with life.". Damnit, I don't want to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid of not dying. Living forever would be beyond horrible.

The sooner you accept the fact that you really are going to die the sooner you can start to enjoy living.

NP: Wolf - At The Graveyard
Old 05-28-2007, 08:09 AM

Receding hairline - more a reminder that I'm getting older without having accomplished certain goals

Family dying without resolving issues and/or spending more time with them

Being imprisoned for a crime I didn't commit
Old 05-28-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Dying - I'm not sure how more people aren't terrified of this. I'm young, but the thought that some day I'm just going to fade to black and my entire existence is going to cease is troubling. Like, I can't imagine how crappy I'm going to feel when I'm 60, and think, "Boy, I'm 6/8th done with life.". Damnit, I don't want to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

amead,

I'm totally with you on this feeling, I think the exact same thing and I'm still young (I'm 27% done with my life if I live to 80). Then I'm like well what if I only live to 45, [censored], I'm halfway done! It terrifies the crap outta me, and I'm a religious person. However I find little comfort in this area which is strange I think anyways, but thats just the way my brain is wired.

I took a class in college last year called, "dying, healing and thriving". It was a 3 week 3 hour a day course. The first week was on dying, between class and homework I spent 7 hours a day reading and talking about death (mainly what happens when we die medically and physically), by the second day I was totally depressed and didn't want to go to class. I actually had to write a 15 page paper on my "ideal" death, what I want to during the last moments of my life, where I want to be, with who, what I want done after I die, etc. Trust me, that was the hardest thing I have ever had to write and took me forever to do because I didn't want to deal with the subject or accept it. However by the end of the class when we were talking about the healing and thriving of somebody's death for the first time in my life I wasn't afraid of death and I was wondering why I ever was. As you can tell that belief didn't stick with me which is unfortunate because it was nice to finally have that cloud that is always over me gone. I'm still trying to get back to that point and from time to time I read my paper and for a moment remember that place and it helps a lot. So maybe take a couple of minutes (or hours if you need it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and write about the subject, it will help in some strange way)

Good Book Note: C.S. Lewis A Grief Observed, another interesting read was Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying
by Maggie Callanan and Patricia Kelley
Old 05-28-2007, 03:47 PM

snakes.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:09 AM

burning out and being forced to get a real job...that thought terrifies me. even keeping a well balanced life, i still get so sick of poker sometimes.

im also afraid of being buried alive in some way, or getting stuck in some very tiny place, but i think most people are afraid of that.

oh, im also afraid of superintelligent machines taking over all of mankind.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:11 AM

The only thing Im really afraid of is heights and scary movies.

heights, I can fly in a plane, be in a tall building etc, even a high ladder, or standing on a garage roof etc doesnt bother me, but I cant do anything "athletic" high up, like some of those ninja-kids in teh youtube videos do.