Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

Haha, glad to hear it fish!

And yes, English teacher indeed. My plans post-graduation are certainly up in the air at the moment. While I likely will settle back into my hometown area, I am not at all against moving to another state (assuming I'll still be qualified in said state).

Also, my mom's father had a decent amount of Indian in him and so she has this fascination with them and what not. My two younger half sisters are named Lakota and Cheyenne even.

Annnyway, it would certainly make her happy if I did it. I think we have some exciting implications possible here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, glad to hear it fish!

And yes, English teacher indeed. My plans post-graduation are certainly up in the air at the moment. While I likely will settle back into my hometown area, I am not at all against moving to another state (assuming I'll still be qualified in said state).

Also, my mom's father had a decent amount of Indian in him and so she has this fascination with them and what not. My two younger half sisters are named Lakota and Cheyenne even.

Annnyway, it would certainly make her happy if I did it. I think we have some exciting implications possible here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how it works with certifications in different states but it seems like there is always someone here teaching from somewhere else. when are you done with school. I'll keep my eyes open for you here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 AM

2 years from right now I will be in my first real full time job (The fall semester of '09).

I really really despise snow though. I just realized you probably get lots of snow. I don't know if I can manage this. I shall be under consideration for sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One reason why im happy to be back in Michigan is because Im gonna be eating venison bratwurst and chewing on venison jerky real soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

MMMMMM, ya. Eating is one of the best parts! We use antelope for sausage and jerky and it is really good too. I am going to experiment with making my own sausage this year so that will be fun and interesting as well! So far I am planning on some breakfast sausage, some summer sausage and pepperoni sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to hear how that goes for you. There are a couple of supposedly really outstanding books on sausage making out now that look really great for someone who has the time and wants to put in the energy. Charcuterie I think they call it? I've gotta say, sausage is often not very good, but excellent sausage is fantastic, and if you get the knack and the knowledge down, the results would probably be incredible and something really to be proud of. You might have all your friends' Christmas presents figured out for the rest of their lives!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Yes, we will have to see how the sausage making goes. It should be fun trying it out anyway.

Meat/Sausage has been given as a christmas present more than once. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 03:06 AM

Don't you ever let someone tell you that giving meat and sausage is a poor gift. I've heard people like this and just mark them down as a little nutty. Quality meat goes a long way in building a friendship, sir.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 AM

"You don't win friends with sal-AD!"
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you ever let someone tell you that giving meat and sausage is a poor gift. I've heard people like this and just mark them down as a little nutty. Quality meat goes a long way in building a friendship, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Yes, I agree. I guarantee that I worked harder for the meat than just going and buying something in a store. Also, It's MMMMM Good!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:01 AM

So....I'm writing to you all from my ibooklaptop (creation date: ~1933).

I decided to try and upgrade my PC from 2000, which I love, to XP solely to watch netflix movies on xp...and it crashed my computer.

I still can get all of my files (I hope) but I'm going to have to reinstall programs and stuff....

Seemed like a good low content contribution.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:23 AM

Good luck with that Solo and keep us updated.

What are all the rest of you loungers doing today? What's on the schedule?

I need to pick a new restaurant to eat at tonight. Last week I picked a new Thai/Sushi place. Service was great and the menu was interesting. I kept thinking about what Bourdain wrote in Kitchen Confidential...stay away from the manager's specials and be leery of the sushi. The Thai dishes were awesome but the sushi was blah. I'm almost embarrassed to say this but I actually ordered some "fried" sushi on the recommendation of a friend. It was very strange.

Anyway, today I'm supposed to address a bunch of bills and paperwork that have accumulated on my kitchen table as well as on my bookcases. I wish I would not do that with my bills. Also wish I had a personal assistant.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So....I'm writing to you all from my ibooklaptop (creation date: ~1933).

I decided to try and upgrade my PC from 2000, which I love, to XP solely to watch netflix movies on xp...and it crashed my computer.

I still can get all of my files (I hope) but I'm going to have to reinstall programs and stuff....

Seemed like a good low content contribution.

[/ QUOTE ]

OS Upgrades, crashes and reinstallations suck. Did you try to do an upgrade with the old OS still there or did you back up important stuff, wipe it clean (reformat) and install XP on a fresh hard drive?
I highly reccomend a clean installation over an "upgrade" installation over an old OS. Also make sure to take the time to get Service Pack 2 and any updates installed first thing. Get everything current with the OS, and working, then make a restore point before installing any apps. PITA but hopefully everything ends up OK.
Closed Thread