Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Felt like posting a hand

Here is the thinking behind the hand. This was a rare hand for me, in that I would not normally play it this way, but decided to play the players this time and not the cards so much. There are a couple of keys here. To begin with, Seat 2 is OK and we know each other well. I know that he thinks I am relatively tight and thinks I play OK - not sure how he got that idea [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Third - I called only, intending to fold if the king raised. All of my cards are live, and I am only outkicked by the king, so catching a queen and 7 puts me in a good spot. When seat 1 raises, I decided he could have anything, plus I have him outkicked so I don't mind playing against him HU if that turns out to be the outcome.

Forth - I don't like the flush draw, so I want him gone. I have nothing scary, so I am pretty sure seat one will raise, and if he doesn't seat 2 will to try and drive out the flush draw. I am not happy when the flush draw hangs around.

Fifth - Note that Mr. flush draw is really short stacked, so he can't hurt me TOO bad if he actually has the flush. I had a hunch that he could just as easily be playing a goofy gut shot or something, and I have two of the sevens he likely needs. One of seat 2's tens goes dead on fifth so I decided that it is even more likely he is playing air again. The pot is now big enough to make some kind of play worthwhile, hence the check raise. Both seat 1 and 2 have to call two cold in the face of possible flush and my check raise, that should indicate I have something respectable, especially considering I bet out on fourth. Seat 2 caught a jack, so seat 1's hand looks even deader now. Having seats 1 and 2 fold were not a surprise to me in this circumstance. After seat 5 just calls, the rest of the hand plays itself.