Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Another floor decision

The dealer should have announced the kill; it was therefore a dealer mistake too. But I agree that despite the dealer error, Marcus should have been paying more attention, and the pot should have been awarded to you.

"Obv I'm posting because I got bad beat by the big blind angleshooter and the incompetent floor."

However, Marcus is no angle-shooter. And before you publicly slander known players, you should get better info than a poorly dealt blind-stealing hand to support your statements. If Marcus said that he had pocket tens, then I'm sure that he did.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big blind was Marcus who is a regular and I'm sure it's obvious to him what the correct ruling is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was Marcus wearing those really large earphones and listening to music as he usually does while playing? Not to make an excuse for him as it's still his responsibility to be aware of the action, but that could be a reason why things went down as they did. He would never hear the dealer announce a "killed pot" (if she actually did announce it) or the "I act last" conversation.

BTW, since there are two other blinds in play how did "chop it" actually work in this particular case? Did big blind and you simply take your respective monies back and chop the other two blinds?

Garland
Old 09-26-2007, 11:30 PM

Obvious decision..your kill is a bet. If all other players folded their cards the pot is yours.
Done and done.