Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: I got them

Hi Stosh:

I know that some of the Amazon orders went out on Friday so they should begin to receive books by the middle of the week, and then they begin shipping pretty quickly.

B&N is a different story in that they operate a little differently from Amazon. I don't know if anything went out to them on Friday or not, but by Tuesday, all our initial shipping should be done. However, since B&N does operate a little differently from Amazon, it usually, but not always, takes them a little longer to begin initial shipping.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 07-21-2007, 09:46 PM

anybody have feedback on either of these books, those who got them already
Old 07-21-2007, 11:50 PM

Nice touch with those chips on the cover ???????
Old 07-21-2007, 11:54 PM

BTW what brand of chips are those? They're pretty pimp and I'd like to get em' for me home game.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Nice touch with those chips on the cover ???????

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is that the photo properties show that this image came from Amazon. This is not a user uploaded photo. In other words on their listing page they don't give credit for any customer uploading it and they are treating it as one of their own or publisher suppled images. If you look carefully at the bottom of the card graphic you will see my watermark. Now even Amazon has to pilfer their images from me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - Talk about FIRST!

I really don't mind!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, both new titles were delivered to Gambler's Book Shop (aka Club) at approximately 3:00 pm on Friday. I know for sure this was the case because I delivered them myself. Gambler's General Store got the books about 15 minutes later when I dropped them off there as well.

I also just spoke to Howard Schwarz of Gambler's Book Club and he said that he has no idea where

[ QUOTE ]
The book store said you wouldn't give them the book until next week so that Conjelco could sell the book first.

[/ QUOTE ]

came from and that they would never make a statement like this.

Both these stores are given top priority by us and they each got books as soon as it was physically possible to get them the books.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

That explains it then. I was there at ~12:45pm. Also, I have no reason to make that up and don't know who said it. It was the guy behind the counter. He also said someone had come buy thursday with the books but wouldn't give him any yet. Oh, I may have substituted the Conjelco part in, I think his words were something like "they like to have the first chance of sales" or something similar, and I took that to mean Conjelco and 2+2.

Anyways, it doesn't matter, I missed it by going a bit too early and was simply disapointed and that is it. I will buy them online and am sure to enjoy them. I certainly don't want to cause any issues and was simply relaying an anecdotal story about my trip to the book store.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:37 PM

I pre-ordered from Mike at "professionalpoker" and paid for the 4-6 day priority shipping. I received it in the mail today (I'm in Kansas). At first I was excited, because it seemed kind of unbelievable that it would have made it here by today. Alas, it was too good to be true. What I received is clearly some kind of cheapo attempt to recreate the actual book...I mean did you think I wouldn't notice - "Portugeses"?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered MIAMI FL 33122 07/23/07 9:14am

Shipment Accepted HENDERSON NV 89011 07/21/07 2:58pm

Electronic Shipping HENDERSON NV 89011 07/20/07 9:33pm
Info Received

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag: Book delivered this morning to my Miami address
Beat: I live in Jamaica and that is my mail forwarding address
Variance: Could take until Friday to get it into my hands
Old 07-23-2007, 04:02 PM

Is that the copy I ran off my copier and had my illegal immigrant put together? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] - It was obviously not my Brazilian worker. DOH!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:41 PM

Just got a call at work from my wife. My copy from ConJelCo arrived today. This is awesome, since I finished reading Harry Potter yesterday afternoon.

Looks like I'll be up all night again tonight!