Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Raise light, flop monster draw, face resistance.

[ QUOTE ]
Standard, good for metagame.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You can't be serious. Metagame being "I will put all my chips in on a draw even though I know you have a set or str8t?". Great. That's setting up a good image on your bluff attempts in the future. For someone that seems to think they make good posts..uh you sure don't make a lot of sense and don't seem to have a good grasp on the concepts involved. Please explain the metagame involded in this hand.

You are trying to infer that any future reraises will get action because they will put you on an inferior hand, but the point of all this is, if you put that villain on a set and STILL push, this is simply not a good push IMO. Perhaps in Omaha but not in NLHE.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:00 PM

He actually called with Kings- I wouldn't have called in his place.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He actually called with Kings- I wouldn't have called in his place.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the point though. When you put him on a flopped set or possibly str8t and he raised your flop bet, you played your draw a bit too aggressive IMO. Now, if you had put him on an overpair (excluding aces)then its a fine bet because you have outs to the overpair. I just think your play wasn't too much different than calling all your chips with a flush draw given that you put him on a big hand on the flop and you knew he wasn't folding to your reraise.

Would I have called all my chips there with KK and the stack sizes? Depends on my read of you at the time. I will say that your push over his raise was a bit strange. What big hand makes that play on the flop and not on the turn in most situations.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not call all the way to the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple question for you.

Why is betting more +EV, in general, than check calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold Equity is your friend. Invite him over for dinner.. he likes seasame chicken.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 PM

I didn't have him on the straight, 7-10 or 5-7 seem a little strange to call with?. I thought either overpair or set. When he called, I thought he had the set, but I guess he played his kings pretty weakly preflop, IMO. Also, that flop is very ugly for a set, so I actually would 3 bet all in on that board with a set as well. I've been burned too many times by waiting for a safe turn to get more money in, and the 4 straighter rolls off.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:24 AM

LBK, you are no longer even that entertaining a guy, but you really should just go away until you've gotten your moniez transfered and played that grudge match with futuredoc.

Before that you have zero credibility here and I didn't really bother reading what you wrote so you can freely return the favor and ignore me in return. Just an FYI.