Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 08:28 PM

Default 100nl JJmp 3 way raised pot

Reads against players,

Blind is a solid player, plays str8 forward, not tricky,

EP player few reads, but will stack off on TPGK

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $146.95
BB: $124.00
UTG: $101.40
UTG+1: $143.20
MP1: $15.40
HERO (MP2): $98.50
MP3: $96.50
CO: $146.15
BTN: $71.50

Preflop: HERO is dealt J J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $1.00, <font color="red">HERO raises to $6.00</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls $5.00, UTG calls $5.00, MP1 folds

Flop: ($19.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero?

Thoughts against these 2 with this board? Anyone check here?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: 100nl JJmp 3 way raised pot

Here's my meager thoughts:

BB probably doesn't have any hand that truly concerns us but maybe AJs, depending on just how tight he is when he's going to be oop for the hand. Normally, I would expect to see the baby pps and so forth. EP is my biggest concern. It would be nice to know how aggressive these players are as to how likely they are to c/r. I'm not real excited to put a bunch of money in this pot at this point tho. However, I'm not ready to check this flop either.

I'd like to bet about 1/2 pot here. I don't see the need to make it 3/4 or more since the board is scary to most holdings after the PF raise. Also, if someone calls, we can consider taking the "free" turn at a better price.

Those are the only thoughts flying in my brain at this point...not much.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BB probably doesn't have any hand that truly concerns us but maybe AJs, depending on just how tight he is when he's going to be oop for the hand. Normally, I would expect to see the baby pps and so forth. EP is my biggest concern. It would be nice to know how aggressive these players are as to how likely they are to c/r. I'm not real excited to put a bunch of money in this pot at this point tho. However, I'm not ready to check this flop either.

I'd like to bet about 1/2 pot here. I don't see the need to make it 3/4 or more since the board is scary to most holdings after the PF raise. Also, if someone calls, we can consider taking the "free" turn at a better price.

[/ QUOTE ]

i tend to raise ATC when i see a 1/2 pot bet. what's the point of throwing out a 1/2 pot bet. i don't get it. that is a very scary board, and you don't have a scary hand. are you repping 2p, set? if so, you're turning your hand into a bluff?

i really wouldn't mind checking through. there's no way you're good here. it holds 3 aspects that merits ATC to call.

1. a king/ace
2. a T for a straight draw
3. a flush draw
Old 06-25-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i tend to raise ATC when i see a 1/2 pot bet. what's the point of throwing out a 1/2 pot bet. i don't get it. that is a very scary board, and you don't have a scary hand. are you repping 2p, set? if so, you're turning your hand into a bluff?

i really wouldn't mind checking through. there's no way you're good here. it holds 3 aspects that merits ATC to call.

1. a king/ace
2. a T for a straight draw
3. a flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]

6 outs to nut str8 (unless someone holding AJ of course), doesnt warrant any kind of bet? Can we put these positions on AJ. How often can I represent K's set barring neither are holding one? And is not gaining any info from betting here the best way to attack this street?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:48 PM

Personally, i check behind here. I expect you get looked up by many holdings on the flop (if not check/raised) so i'd be trying to keep the pot small and hitting my draw without putting any more money in the pot. Sorry for not putting too much serious analysis in this post but this is my first instinct in a multiway pot (HU i bet in general).