Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: BIG? Laydown

I raise preflop and never fold postflop here.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:10 AM

I'd fold preflop, even if UTG suxs. Maybe call if the blinds were passive and sucked as well.
If SB wasn't so aggressive the fold would be a lot easier but here I'm going to SD, most of the times I'd raise the turn as well. I definitely don't hate the way you played it.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I do both (raise/call) and i'm beginngin to think raise>>>>>call but I'm not 100%.

I think this is a pretty bad fold actually.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising was a big error.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has an overpair, AT or flushdraw a lot more than he has a monster. Not raising would be a big error, I think.

[ QUOTE ]
I do think you are beat most of the time but probably not enough to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM

Do you realize you're getting 18-1 on the turn? You have 4 outs if he's playing QJ and 2 outs to a chop if he has 88. That's enough for me to see the river. He is overaggressive as well so he could be overplaying. Of course, you're usually beat here, but he could be thinking:

a) with UTG in there I feel better about pumping my AA.
b) I'm going to bet this turn because I don't want a draw to check through.

Like I said, these aren't so likely and it's more likely that he's thinking, "I'm going to bet this turn with my monster so I can trap UTG for some more bets." For that reason I just call the turn and river using UTG as overlay, but I raise a T of course.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:07 PM

whatever I dont aggree that he plays AT and QJ like this also an overpair seems unreasonable when he 3 bets the Turn after i capped the Flop. He might overplay at Times but he also might ran hot over that sample. But dont forget> I cap Flop and he still 3 bets Turn..this leaves it all to a set > no one at this Tables plays an Overpair this Way except some spewy maniacs and he should know that i never would play a lonly Top Pair like this > not even TPTK because i would raise that pre > and yes i give him credit for thinking after he played 300 hands with me> cant really agree here that it was a huge error if it was wrong it was only a sligthly error.

lol @ Flushdraw> how on the world can i put him on a Flushdraw?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:56 PM

Digga, komm ma klar.

1. why even bother asking for advice when you can analyze this hand better than anyone else in this thread? Like 10 ppl. in a row told you to see the freakin' showdown and you still insist on playing/showing off a great laydown?

There are some rumors saying that low limit no fold'em is not a game for big laydowns. I agree wholeheartedly with them.

2. folding 2 pair on this not particularly super awful board in a large - huge pot is definitely a losing play vs. someone that aggro.

3. I see people 3-ballin' or capping in and out of position with far less than a set all the time in similar situations. A flush draw + pair is well within this range for someone super aggressive. What do you think he puts you on?

4. what do I care, you know it better obv.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 PM

didnt post for special advice > only for discussion > imho this thread contains a good discussion and i agree with the most parts > I have still my own opinion over the SITUATION anyway > this is not my usaul play as i said 100 times...i will not making it again as i metioned too...just did it and it felt ok> just wanted to hear peoples opinions but i still disagree that the laydown was a huge error and that i playe dteh hand extremely bad> but i agrre that it would be a loosing play in the long Run.

You said you see people 3 balling all the Time > so i dont know wich games you play so when ppl at your games play KK AA QQ JJ and AT this way everytime doesnt mean they do it at mine

still interested i what ppl think his AF woudl be 2
Old 05-03-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. I see people 3-ballin' or capping in and out of position with far less than a set all the time in similar situations. A flush draw + pair is well within this range for someone super aggressive. What do you think he puts you on?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why raising with the intention of folding to a 3-bet is so bad...
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4. what do I care

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]