Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Eating Out Right - Where to go? What to get?

So I have just started (as of today) my workout/diet plan to try to cut down from 220 lbs. to 200 lbs. over the next couple months. I went food shopping last night and got a bunch of good food to make for breakfasts and dinners. However my job takes me all over and it's pretty impossible to make my lunch and take it with me. I spend most of my lunches getting some kind of quicker food. Where should I be going for my lunches, and what should I be getting?

Cappy
Old 03-20-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Eating Out Right - Where to go? What to get?

[ QUOTE ]
So I have just started (as of today) my workout/diet plan to try to cut down from 220 lbs. to 200 lbs. over the next couple months. I went food shopping last night and got a bunch of good food to make for breakfasts and dinners. However my job takes me all over and it's pretty impossible to make my lunch and take it with me. I spend most of my lunches getting some kind of quicker food. Where should I be going for my lunches, and what should I be getting?

Cappy

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of diet are you on?

Lunch was always hard for me, especially on a low carb diet, but I was usually able to bring food to work.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cappy

[/ QUOTE ]

Subway. Duh...jared.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:31 PM

CappyAA,

Wendy's: Grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo, throw away as much bun as you can. Small cup of chili, no cheese.

Taco Hell: Chicken soft tacos, no nasty cream sauce.

Various Mexican places: chicken bowls with black beans, hold the sour cream. Stay with the guac though -- it'd be stupid to refuse the good fats from avocado.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cappy

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of diet are you on?

Lunch was always hard for me, especially on a low carb diet, but I was usually able to bring food to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

My normal diet for the day will be:

Breakfast (7 am): South Beach Cereal Bar and a Glass of Milk
Snack (10 am): Handfull of almonds I keep in my car
Lunch (1 pm): Eating out
Snack (4 pm): Meal replacement bar
Preworkout (6 pm): Protein shake
Postworkout (7:30 pm): Protein shake
Dinner (8:30 pm): Chicken breast with a side of vegetables

Subway sounds good, as does Wendy's. I don't dig on Taco Bell that much, as I think it's disgusting.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:48 PM

Cappy, I threw in Taco Hell just in case you happen to find yourself in a situation where that's the only choice. Really though, just find a place with lean meat, a wholesome carb choice (whole wheat, brown rice, potatoes), and hopefully some veggies/fruit too. Aren't you in and around LA?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cappy, I threw in Taco Hell just in case you happen to find yourself in a situation where that's the only choice. Really though, just find a place with lean meat, a wholesome carb choice (whole wheat, brown rice, potatoes), and hopefully some veggies/fruit too. Aren't you in and around LA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotya - I'm actually in and around Washington DC, but I'm sure the food choices are pretty much the same.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:01 PM

I think taco bell makes a healthy taco. I think it's called fresno style or something.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:30 PM

Some quick things:

1. Green Tea in the morning will help boost your metabolism
2. Instead of a protein drink before and after workout..I would do a protein drink in the mornng with breakfast, then one after
3. A third protein possibility for you would be to get some casein protein. I started using last week and have loved it...basically you take it right before you go to bed and it breaks down real slow throughout the night to give u a boost all night...I have notice that i dont wake up hungry anymore
Old 03-20-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Green Tea in the morning will help boost your metabolism

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you suggest this over a thermogenic like Hot Rox?