Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

[ QUOTE ]
lol Butcho.

What I find funny is what passes for trash talk in golf. Rory, Ames, Woody quotes = NOT trash talk in any other sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true...but none of those sports let the players keep their own scores either. Golf is its own little world on the sports map.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"We can go through our rounds. I outplayed him on Friday, but he beat me by seven shots. So, does that mean he's that much better? I don't get it."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I read this. What doesn't he get? Is anyone saying TW is 7 shots better than this rube every round? I'm starting to see a big chip on his shoulder.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:19 PM

If he was trying to project any image other than a dude with a major chip/shoulder issue then he was way off.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He also on Saturday shredded reporters for the double standard in dealing with Tiger relative to everyone else. "If Tiger slams his club down, he's got competitive fire, if I do it, I'm a loose cannon". Stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]See, this is why I don't like Tiger, and it's not Tiger's fault, but the media have blinkrs on to Woods when he's less than perfect, but Monty, he can't fart without the press saying he [censored] himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Monty's a jag bag.

[/ QUOTE ]No more so than the most fined player on the PGA tour!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He also on Saturday shredded reporters for the double standard in dealing with Tiger relative to everyone else. "If Tiger slams his club down, he's got competitive fire, if I do it, I'm a loose cannon". Stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]See, this is why I don't like Tiger, and it's not Tiger's fault, but the media have blinkrs on to Woods when he's less than perfect, but Monty, he can't fart without the press saying he [censored] himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Monty's a jag bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

monty's a cheater, a scumbag and a whiner.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monty's a jag bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, the other players by and large actually like and respect Tiger. That's not at all the case with Monty.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM

Butcho's comments really hurt my head.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:00 PM

Woody Austin is a huge mother [censored] whiner by the way...I have no idea if it's jealousy toward Tiger or whatever, but the whole week he was saying [censored] I played a lot better tee-to-green on Friday and I was trying to make my roars loud so he can hear it.

I have no idea what his problem is, just make your clubs do the talking. He's still a fun character to have on tour, I will await when Tiger and Woody decide to meet up again, and the media takes a couple of his quotes to stir up Tiger.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:12 PM

Daly:

"I tried but every time I worked out I threw up and I thought to myself you can get drunk and throw up, so it's just not for me."

And he speaks the truth, Woody could take a lesson or 12 from him:

"I wish I had his game," he said. "I think the thing that separates Tiger from everybody is that he makes putts more than we do, right now he is like a one-man field."

Article.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:59 PM

Don't know how to take that article. On the one hand he's being honest, on the other hand he's being fat and lazy and saying that he doesn't want to do what's necessary to improve his chances of winning. The throwing up quote was pretty LOL though.

Also, the Per Johansson reference was interesting. Haven't heard his name mentioned since almost the ASU days 15+ years ago.