Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 12:13 AM

Default Re: 2/4 wait for turn and river decision

[ QUOTE ]
if you want to wait for the turn because of equity considerations i could accept, but dislike it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was what I was thinking about, but re-reading the section from SSHE it sounds like you would want to do so when the board more likely to have gutshots/etc. in a large pot. Is there any merit to making any flush draw break even with the 2-bet turn call, or do you just resign yourself that they're going to call anyway?

I'm glad to see that people are somewhat divided on the river. I definitely wasn't sure.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Re: 2/4 wait for turn and river decision

I think that raising the flop is probably better. You would like to charge any one with the two flush to draw and by only calling players with gut shots are getting almost the right price to call with implied odds. If you had raised the flop we would have a better idea of what the SB has on the river as, SB would probably not of called a flop raise with just two overs and a club. He could call two cold on the turn with either two clubs or two hearts. I think that we can probably bet this river for value after he checks. Without any specific read, most players with the flush would donk this river as he must know how scary a heart looks to you and the pot is big enough that at least one of you will call anyways.