Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which team gets the better deal?
Team A, not even close 5 45.45%
Team A 4 36.36%
Even trade 1 9.09%
Team B 0 0%
Team B, not even close 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Staking LuckyJimm - is this fair?

jimm, what's your screen name on ipoker?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jimm, what's your screen name on ipoker?

[/ QUOTE ]

In what possible way could it be in my interest to tell you? Wanna BuddyList me?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
luckyjimm,

I have accounts on Absolute, Full-tilt, and Stars.
If I transfer you $150,(at one of the above) will
you post the results for everybody to read?

This would be entertaining for all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, happy to try it on Absolute or PokerStars. I haven't seen the PLO games on Absolute, are they good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will transfer you $150 on stars.
I live in Chicago, I work during the day.
What is your screename? (My screenname is not Jackal52)

The deal is the following:
Start out playing $25 plo.
If you hit, $300,(playing $25 plo) pay me back the original $150.
At that point, if the account reaches $1000, stop. I want 50% of the money or $500.

At that point, you are on your own.
Make an honest effort at bankroll management.
Also, you must post the results here.

PM me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

tbqh I kind of hope luckyjimm goes busto again and again because he is unwilling to do anything productive/healthy with his life, but the deal you propose above gives you significantly more than 50% of the profits up to $1000

[/ QUOTE ]

From blog:

"Last night I lost £10 on William Hill, and then a kind gentleman from Chicago sent me $150 on Full Tilt to play $0.15/$0.25. I tried this for a while, getting to $190, down to $90, up to $200, down to $135, etc. I was pretty tilty and playing two tables. Discipline forgotten I sat at $0.50/$1 and lost it, one beat and one misplayed hand. So no funds now."
Old 08-16-2007, 07:56 PM

no not at all. i don't play omaha but I'd be curious to see you play and how this staking agreement goes for you.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no not at all. i don't play omaha but I'd be curious to see you play and how this staking agreement goes for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, okay. To be honest it is nothing formal. He sent me £50 which I lost last night. He's just sent me $100 on PokerStars but in an hour they haven't bothered processing it despite us both emailing support. Any big results and I'll post about it.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:54 PM

only read OP but wow pathetic
Old 08-17-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jimm i'm pretty sure middle class people don't have to worry about borrowing money to eat and get to and from work on a daily basis because they've lost their entire paycheck shooting the moon as a poor online PLO player. What do you have to show for the $30k in wages you've dumped online in the last year and a bit? You make $60k a year and are single and don't own a house or car and have zero savings and you're 28-29. Pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

</thread>

[/ QUOTE ]

I ought to point out, I'm a temp paid £16/hour, so maybe my salary works out at less than that and it's not like I've been on this much for lomg. I've been a temp/contract worker for the last year. The year before that, I was at my parents' and not working. The years before that, I was a postgraduate student working part time and not earning so much. So I don't have massive accumulated earnings or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you don't have any accumulated earnings -- you're a #$@#$%! gambling addict. Heroin and crack addicts tend to not have "massive accumulated earnings" laying around either. Because they're $#@$%!@ drug addicts. Are you understanding the relationship?

I'm not convinced you really even play poker or have lost as much money as you talk about. I think you just need a hug and some attention (even if it's negative attention). My five year old does the same thing. You realize that most of the "haters" on the forum think you're pathetic and scorn you, while the "supporters" think you're pathetic and cheer you on BECAUSE you're pathetic? Like I said, though, it's all attention for you, I guess. Huzzah!

You do write very well, though, so kudos on your blog. It's a carwreck and I can't look away.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not trying to deride you or make you feel worse, but when talkin about staking LuckJimm it really is a lose-lose situation

[/ QUOTE ]

or as boostedgay would say, 100% no win.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since the other thread got closed:
What's your take on Houellebecq? He "kinda" repeats him, doesnt he? But solid afterall (at least his first books) - do you concur?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2007, 01:57 AM

wtf is wrong with everyone in this thread?

jimm isnt degen at all, he has deposited like $500 total.... sure he is a losing player but he is playing for fun and what the hell is wrong with that?

now he has the opportunity to play for free, with the same enjoyment. the stakee seems to know exactly wat he is in for too

of course take it, f the haters

jimm i will say this tho, it doesnt take any skill at all to 'spin up' money, i mean ive seen people spin up $20 -> thousands at pokie machines and then lose it. just do it, have fun and dont kid yourself.