Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Phil Gordon Interview W/Jerry Yang for The Poker Edge Podcast 8/7/

[ QUOTE ]
This belongs in P5's: You listened to Phil Gordon talk about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-15-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Phil Gordon Interview W/Jerry Yang for The Poker Edge Podcast 8/7/07

yang would have hit a set on the river. so good laydown.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I put him on a small pair or maybe AQ or AK so I felt like going allin with my jacks to represent pocket aces so that I could make him fold"

Nice poker logic, champ.

Also cute how when he recounts the preflop action of his JJ vs QQ hand he got the fact that he re-raised childs preflop and not vice versa mixed up is pretty laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think he must have been misunderstood. I think, although this MIGHT be the worst fold in WSOP history, its certainly the greatest read in any poker game EVER. He has to put him on exactly QQ here, and then he's got to know that the only way to make him muck it is to stand up real quick and anounce allin, as to make it obvious that he's got AA or KK, and he'll fold the QQ that he can see (if you've ever seen tilt you know what I mean)
Old 08-16-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I put him on a small pair or maybe AQ or AK so I felt like going allin with my jacks to represent pocket aces so that I could make him fold"

Nice poker logic, champ.

Also cute how when he recounts the preflop action of his JJ vs QQ hand he got the fact that he re-raised childs preflop and not vice versa mixed up is pretty laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think he must have been misunderstood. I think, although this MIGHT be the worst fold in WSOP history, its certainly the greatest read in any poker game EVER. He has to put him on exactly QQ here, and then he's got to know that the only way to make him muck it is to stand up real quick and anounce allin, as to make it obvious that he's got AA or KK, and he'll fold the QQ that he can see (if you've ever seen tilt you know what I mean)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...greatest read/play ever...how can he be so good....
Old 08-17-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nice poker logic, champ.

Also cute how when he recounts the p

reflop action of his JJ vs QQ hand he got the fact that he re-raised childs preflop and not vice versa mixed up is pretty laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...greatest read/play ever...how can he be so good....

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, Rekrul, for bein so good at poker, you don't know a whole lot about it, do you? This guy is the WORLD CHAMP... thus, obviously, the best player in the world