Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen a thread title/posted by combo and been so excited to read it in the history of anything [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm honored?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 PM

Cardo,

lol, right on schedule

Seriously though dude, you are truly, truly gifted. When I read some of your posts, I almost find it hard to believe that they’re being written by a 24 year-old. Even your detractors can’t deny your intelligence and ability to generate 600 pages worth of interest, centered solely on your ego run amok.

You have such an incredible knack for saying words good and stuff, that it’s almost inconceivable that you’ll never learn to channel your talents through something just a tad more constructive than self-destruction.

The OP doesn’t really have as much to do with PUA as it does with your general attitude towards life once again. Everything sucks, remember?

All of your problems stem from the fact that you’re trapped in the post-modernist’s mindset of perceived helplessness. This is a horrible nightmare.

You see every event on its time-line, rather than as an actual occurrence, and since everything eventually ends or dies (pain), you cannot justify any action that would at least allow you to enjoy it while it lasts. It must be perfect from every angle or it’s a no-go. But since everything is doomed to failure in the long run, then everything is essentially “wrong”, and not even the slightest amount of effort will make much sense.

In short, you are viewing the universe/existence in "wave" form, rather than as individual particles. This is remarkable for someone your age, but it’s also insane, and is almost always accompanied by a person with low self-esteem.

Fortunately this doesn’t have to be a life-long sentence. All of what’s going on in your head lately (that which you perceive to be logic and reason) can be effectively cured by cultivating a little self-esteem. That’s all.

When you finally stop rejecting that as a possibility, your whole reality will shift from enslavement to empowerment. You won’t care much anymore that life’s just a big joke. You’ll still know, but you won’t really care because you’ll be having too much fun to notice.

You just need to loosen up a little, and stop thinking of life as some equation that needs to be solved, and start living life as the beautiful gift that was given to you.

Here, I’ll save you about 5-10 years worth of torment;

The purpose of life is not to waste what little time you have trying to figure out what the [censored] purpose of life is.

On the other hand, I’d feel pretty weird about taking advice from a gimmick account.

Cardo, I think you’re a pretty cool dude, and a lot of people genuinely like you, and want to see you get better. You just need to start believing in yourself man. [\teh ghey]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 PM

I'm not sure, and perhaps I don't own the nuance to sniff it out entirely...but somewhere underlying this thread is a hidden assumption that the average human being isn't a half-chimp, half-zombie spiritual caricature with worms for brains and a cheap musty fear rotting out his heart.

But he is! And she is!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...The purpose of life is not to waste what little time you have trying to figure out what the [censored] purpose of life is...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hedonism FTW!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:41 PM

Burlap! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Nah, dude, seriously I feel fine nowadays.

Not everything sucks, hell, not even this sucks! I really there are some fascinating questions here. I personally am doing good, makin' money, makin' plans, makin' progress, buckin' 'Groes, [censored]' hoes, throwin' 'bows, sippin' Whoa!, etc. etc. In spite of previous episodes of bellyaching & etc., which some of you are having a really hard time forgetting, this is about intellectual analysis / curiosity and not about how sad I (don't) feel about [censored].

This totally isn't a postmodernist discussion, btw. Old-fashioned moralizing ftw! Except maybe for the bit about openly acknowledging the limitations of objectivity re: this sort of thing.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...The purpose of life is not to waste what little time you have trying to figure out what the [censored] purpose of life is...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hedonism FTW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, hedonism sucks.

"Men can only be happy when they realize that the purpose of life is not to be happy." - George Orwell
Old 08-08-2007, 10:53 PM

I am good with girls
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure, and perhaps I don't own the nuance to sniff it out entirely...but somewhere underlying this thread is a hidden assumption that the average human being isn't a half-chimp, half-zombie spiritual caricature with worms for brains and a cheap musty fear rotting out his heart.

But he is! And she is!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really believe this, but even if it's true that's okay. You just stop dealing with 'average' people. Come to think of it, that's probably what I really do. That's got its own problems though. Balance / synthesis blah blah blah.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[\teh ghey]

[/ QUOTE ]
Burlap = guids? Man, I didn't see that one coming.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

This isn't about me. I don't want this thread to be about me and my [censored]. I'm just using myself as a representative example of one of two basic perspectives on a debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are creating two basic perspectives, but both perspectives are in your head. You are setting these two perspectives against each other in a false way. In that sense it is about you, because these perspectives are in your head and are not based in reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! Oversimplification for the purposes of advancing an argument is super-standard. I think the two ragged camps I've chosen are semi-valid but there's obviously going to be a pretty wide range of opinion.

What do you mean 'setting them against each other in a false way?' Only insofar as they're always set against each other in a false way; I mean, read any other thread on PUA and that's exactly what we end up with - two mutually hostile viewpoints riddled with fallacies that don't get us anywhere. But they both in their way make strong cases, and that's what really interests me - the debate between success and virtue, and the fallacies of both, and the artificial division of the whole thing, and also the REAL divisions that aren't easily reconciled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is very possible to be both successful with women and virtuous. I think this is easily reconciled. Each person needs to define for himself what is means to be successful and what it means to be virtuous.