Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-01-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Best NFL wide receivers

[ QUOTE ]
Straight line speed != the ability to make sharp cuts and run good routes != agility. But obviously they're all related.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I just disagree with the premise that steroids wouldn't really help a WR very much. speed and quickness are gigantic success factors for a WR, and steroids help with both these things. they also help in brute strength, which is probably an underrated trait for a WR to have
Old 12-01-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Straight line speed != the ability to make sharp cuts and run good routes != agility. But obviously they're all related.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I just disagree with the premise that steroids wouldn't really help a WR very much. speed and quickness are gigantic success factors for a WR, and steroids help with both these things. they also help in brute strength, which is probably an underrated trait for a WR to have

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any numbers on it, but WRs testing positive seems pretty uncommon.

I'd love to see a position breakdown of NFL players caught for PEDs and compare that to the total player pool for each position.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:43 PM

I missed what you were getting at.

Now that I think about it more, you're right. The olympic sprinters are all ripped to hell, and a lot of them are on steriods, so I guess it does help your straight-line speed and acceleration.

As for brute strength, sure it's cool when TO tosses some little DB aside like a ragdoll, but I don't think it's a particularly underrated trait for a WR. It's useful, sure, but not nearly as important as the other things mentioned.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:03 PM

size is important in a WR.. strength is kinda meh
Old 12-01-2007, 10:07 PM

The idea that PEDs don't help basically anyone at any position in every major professional sport is pretty laughable.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea that PEDs don't help basically anyone at any position in every major professional sport is pretty laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about designated holder Koy Detmer? Please tell me how PED could have helped him
Old 12-01-2007, 10:27 PM

bigger hands obv
Old 12-01-2007, 10:52 PM

This thread is LOL.

1. Rice is the best ever, huge consensus says so, and it's the position least up for debate. You can argue best QB/RB/whatever, but Rice wins here.

2. Moss in his prime was not the best ever, that's like saying Josh Cribbs is the best player ever based on his performance vs the Steelers a few weeks back. Sure his "prime" is shorter, but hey teh Pats are undefeated!..

3. WR get all the edges now as far as rules enforcement, spread offenses becoming more popular, etc etc. So of course the newer, current WR are going to get the nod here more than people would expect. If we ranked RB, there wouldn't be many current ones in the Top 10. LT being the obvious exception.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is LOL.

1. Rice is the best ever, huge consensus says so, and it's the position least up for debate. You can argue best QB/RB/whatever, but Rice wins here.

2. Moss in his prime was not the best ever, that's like saying Josh Cribbs is the best player ever based on his performance vs the Steelers a few weeks back. Sure his "prime" is shorter, but hey teh Pats are undefeated!..

3. WR get all the edges now as far as rules enforcement, spread offenses becoming more popular, etc etc. So of course the newer, current WR are going to get the nod here more than people would expect. If we ranked RB, there wouldn't be many current ones in the Top 10. LT being the obvious exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop bringing sanity to into this thread.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
people were hyping up dante hall a few years ago more then hester now

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty damn close to 100% sure that this is wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

in 2003 he scored a return TD in 4 straight games (something hester hasnt done) and at that time he was considered more dangerous then hester is considered now

[/ QUOTE ]
I know his history very well. I'm still 99.99% certain that you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me that 10000-1 bet then.

It was an endless stream of Chris Berman "WHOOP", "WHOOP", sound effects and "human joystick" stories.

LOL at suggesting that either Hester or Randy Moss are greater athletes than Jim Brown.

Even bigger LOL at the obvious "Rice not top 5" troll.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll give you 8000-1 for up to $1000(risking $8,000,000)