Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

View Poll Results: I wacth and liked "Seinfeld"
Yes 129 84.87%
No 23 15.13%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu is WRONG!

[ QUOTE ]

I think so many rules like this are selectively enforced and so many players receive different treatment that the most important thing should be having a consistent set of rules. How about "no discussion of the action during multiway pots or on the bubble, any other time anything goes."

[/ QUOTE ]

More tables in play than TDs. Rules only apply when someone screams for the director.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In CASH games I regularly show cards (1 or 2) when the situation is heads up. I do it to get a read on the opponent or so that they wont suck out on me in a big pot if I can make them fold..

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so wrong. DUCY?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're right that allowing people to show cards makes it easier for people to collude in tournaments and chip dump.

the counterarguement to this of course is that people who collude like this in tournaments would set up signals anyway.

however, allowing this rule allows colluders to justify their collusion. ie, a friend of the chip leader is on the bubble and to help his buddy out, the chip leader shows his hand after going allin to give his buddy the chance to double up if ahead or fold if behind. when players accuse the leader of collusion he can simply say that he didn't break any rules, showing cards is allowed. it shouldn't be the tc's responsibility to determine if this is collusion as the chip leader could just lie about his intent of showing his card(s).

I think the current rule is the right one. I see no practical reason for why "pros" need to show other players their cards midhand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post.

That said, it's not a big deal either way.