Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Played probably my last round of the year: 50 + 48 = 98. Broke 100 for only the second time this year.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:30 AM

49-51=100 on the Antietam-Wildnerness loop at Fairfax National. Made some putts, hit the driver well, couldn't hit a damn iron shot all day.

-McGee
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM

I'm a beginner and am taking a golf course at school (Wake Forest)

I just got back from the the class (we play at Tanglewood fwiw) and I GOT A HOLE IN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holllaaaaaaa
Old 11-08-2007, 09:15 PM

Die? Good on ya! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Many are jealous.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a beginner and am taking a golf course at school (Wake Forest)

I just got back from the the class (we play at Tanglewood fwiw) and I GOT A HOLE IN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holllaaaaaaa

[/ QUOTE ]

sick brag, imo. Tanglewood's a nice course too.

Shot (use of 'shot' intentional) 86 yesterday. Not good, but not terrible considering it warmed up to maybe 44 degrees by the end of the round. First time I've broken out the winter gloves.

Probably going back out today, gotta squeeze in the rounds before the snow flies.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:25 PM

Today: Hit the ball great. Hit 11/13 fairways (one of the misses was about 2 inches into the rough, the other one ran through the fairway on #18 by about five yards and ended up with tree affecting my backswing).

Hit 13/18 greens in regulation (four of the misses were by two paces or less, easy chips, the fifth was 100 yards short due to punchout from tee shot above).

What did I shoot?

83. Eighty [censored] three. Good thing it's the end of the season, or there would be putter and wedge components strewn all over the course parking lot.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:57 PM

this sounds kind of like my round:

get out in 40 (+5) after missing 5 putts on the front inside 6 feet.

on the 10th, I hit a huge drive and am giving my partner a hard time after outdriving him by about 60 and after he hits an ugly thin wedge that settles in the back fringe (front pin). As I am laughing he bets me $10 that I won't hit the wide open green from 70 out and I oblige him by hitting a lob wedge 20 yards long. The exact thing happens on 15, except I am only 50 yards out. same bet, I hit an ugly chip about 35 feet short of the hole but safely on the green, ship ship (and proceed to 3 putt of course). i didn't bother to keep a score on the back after hitting countless balls in the leaf strewn fairway/rough that were clearly well struck but completely unfindable.

on the plus side, we won our match 8 and 6 and were dormie on the 10th. this is getting ugly and i think that we will need to renegotiate terms next year.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:58 PM

Playing in a match play tournament at my club. Won Saturday and Sunday. Both matches much closer than expected. In the quarterfinals next weekend. In today's match, I wasn't up all day and won 16 and 17 to close it out.

Would have loved it to be a stroke play match since this guy couldn't get out of bunker if his life depended on it.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:20 AM

Ottawa Park Golf Course is a short, storied course in Toledo, Ohio. It was designed by Sylvanus P. Jermain, the co-founder and first president of Inverness Club. The inaugural Amateur Public Links championship was held there in 1922. It is said to be the first public course west of New York.

It is a par-71 that plays 5079 yards through the trees and rolling hills. Seven of its par-4s play less than 300 yards. Two of the par-3s are listed under 100 yards. It is short, but you had better have a short game if you are going to play it.

I shot 3 under par 68 today. Six birdies, one bogey and one double. From the sixth hole I went birdie-birdie-par-par-birdie-birdie-birdie and then left a birdie on the 15th hole in the jaws about an inch short. Of course I drove it in the trees on 16 made my double there. I finished par-par including a nice up and down from the back bunker on 18. 24 putts. YAHOO! First time I have ever broke par at Ottawa Park. (Though I must admit I was thinking 29 on the back at one point.)
Old 11-13-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hit 13/18 greens in regulation (four of the misses were by two paces or less, easy chips, the fifth was 100 yards short due to punchout from tee shot above).

What did I shoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we give you one three putt, one birdie, 2-for-4 on up and downs from greenside, and allow you a double-bogey from 100 yards...

<font color="blue">That is +4! Nice round.</font>

<font color="red"> 83? Huh? </font> [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]