Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 03:00 PM

Default NL CASH opponent bluffing

Opponent started to minraise some hands, because I wasn't doing much 3beting and had "check/fold" on sometimes. Decided to make a little raise there and he obviously called ......

My read is that villain likes to make a lot of small c/r bluffs on dry flops. I have not taken a stance yet. Here is another good flop for him and by the timing and "feel" I decided that he is very likely bluffing.

My image is very solid and straightforward, so I'm pretty certain he will think I have an ace when I call and won't fire again.

Question is - what's the best line to take this pot away from him. I figured I would call his bet, check/fold turn, fire river 3/4. But I'd like to hear your opinions, because I rarely do plays like this. How often do you?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($220.40)
Button ($126.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with X, X.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button calls $6.

Flop: ($16) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $21</font>

PS should have bet the flop for 12-14

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: NL CASH opponent bluffing

Easy fold.

Yes, bet more on the flop next time. I think you should have waited for a better spot than 8J off, that hand plays terrible.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:07 PM

Changed my cards to "X, X" as they don't matter, but yes - had J8o. I don't want to fold, I want to take stance GOD DAMNIT!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Changed my cards to "X, X" as they don't matter. I don't want to fold, I want to take stance GOD DAMNIT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think it's a good idea. But if you insist, pump it up to 52. I mean, what do you think he's minraising you with?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:56 PM

There are times villain will do this with like 99 to "see if you have an ace", so unless you have an ace you can't call the minraise. You could 3bet small to like 45 or something if you really thought he had air, but I think you're getting into big time spew territory with that move against this opponent.

Also, if your read is that villain has an ace, please please please don't try to get him to fold it. Just judging by the 2 streets of play I have on him as a read, he's not going anywhere with TP.