Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Beat: Morning Theftaments - Lame MS Paint included

Let me tells you a story, this will probably get long:

About 4 months ago, my dad bought a another house and moved about a block away into it. I purchased his old house from him around the corner and live there now. Last saturday night my dads SUV was broken into at his house. His head unit was taken along with his briefcase and raquetball bag. Oddly enough the bag and briefcase were found ransacked directly around the corner from my house.

Total items lost were the navigation/head unit, 4 raquetball raquets at $200 per, ipod, sony digital camera, and oakley sunglasses.

My dad suspected that it was some neighborhood kids that live around the corner from me in one of the houses that the arrow is pointing to above.

Last night, as always i parked in my garage and left my windows down and doors unlocked. With there being only one door into the garage and that being from inside the house, i feel that my possessions are safe. My roomates bedroom is directly through that door so he tends to go through the garage when he gets home and not the front door.

So when he got home last night he went through the garage door but forgot to close it.

So when i walked into the garage this morning to see the door wide open i was very nervous because of what just happend to my dad. I have almost 6k in stero work done to my car and would not be a happy camper if i lost it. I look in through my window and see the my headunit.Instant relief comes over me.

I get it start it up and my headunit is off. I was listening to ipod the last time i was in my vehicle, so the ipod should be connected and be playing now. So i open up the center console and sure enough nothing is there.

I've ensured that everything in my car is "smash and grab proof". If your going to rob me your going to have to take a lot of time to get things apart to have a chance at taking anything. But whoever decided to stroll into my garage last night got the one thing that easily accessible and takeable.

Everything is bolted to the frame of the car with no screws visible. So if they wanted to get all my stuff they could, but it would take awile.

And you couldn't pull apart my dash without something to pry it off with and you'd have to make an ass load of noise doing it. You have to take apart piece by piece starting with the center console, where the ipod was, to eventually get to access the headunit to pull it out.

So all in all my morning could have been 1000x times worse, but i'm still really pissed off because this is something that could have sooo easily been prevented by my roomate.

Do i hold my roomate accountable for this, or myself for leaving my car easily accessed even though it was in the safety of my own garage?

I'm thinking about setting up a trap and letting these little [censored] heads come back and take another crack at my car and if they do kidnap them and tie the up to a tree and probably drive golfballs at them. Sound like a plan?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Beat: Morning Theftaments - Lame MS Paint included

Cliff notes: your roommate steals from both you and your dad
Old 08-22-2007, 10:52 AM

U would have to hold some sort of blame over your roommates head, this would not have occured if he remembered to close the garage. I also like the idea of setting a trap, teach them punk azz kids a lesson.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about setting up a trap and letting these little [censored] heads come back and take another crack at my car and if they do kidnap them and tie the up to a tree and probably drive golfballs at them. Sound like a plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trip report with pics, ldo
Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 AM

Naw we've been good friends since we were 15. He's not the one doing the theftaments.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:54 AM

I haven't even finished OP yet, but:

WHY THE [censored] DO PEOPLE STILL LEAVE THEIR [censored] IN THEIR CARS TO BE STOLEN!!!

OK, back to the op...
Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 AM

WTF is a "head unit"?

Is this a term everyone knows?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:57 AM

runyon just go steal enough stuff from your neighbors to compensate for losses and go on
Old 08-22-2007, 10:57 AM

[x] not so subtle brag
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF is a "head unit"?

Is this a term everyone knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

The head unit is the radio itself.