Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 09:44 PM

Default 100NL : Who likes this how I play these trips?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $119.55
Hero (SB): $116.70
BB: $30.80
UTG: $76.05
MP: $84.50
CO: $95.80

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $1, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.50, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($8) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $5

Turn: ($18) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $21

River: ($78) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $17</font>

Villain is 22/16/2 over 450 and is not dumb. I made this river bet for multiple reasons :

An Ace will probably call and fold for much more.

He may bluff raise with a missed flush draw or whatever it was he was raising w/ on the turn.

If he is filled up we are getting all in anyways so it doesn't matter how the action goes down since he only has 3/4 PSB left in his stack.

Is this good.... no good?

About pushing the turn, since CO is not dumb, he will never call us without at least a Q, so I didn't think there was much value in it. I guess I could have to protect against the flush draw in retrospect.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: 100NL : Who likes this how I play these trips?

looks like he's got at least a Q as well, you should try to get it all in here somehow, stick it in on turn, crai river, or just put him all in on river
Old 10-20-2007, 10:05 PM

it's not bad if you have a read that he is aggro. i would rather just shove it in on the turn personally
Old 10-20-2007, 11:18 PM

This is where the bet river stat may come in handy.

Villain has showed strength on turn and if he is bluffing i think it highly likely that he will continue the bluff. If he hasnt got a Q but has some other piece, yeh, he might call your small river bet but he also may not. I think CR is much more +EV.

I tank up the turn and then CRAI river

edit: Oh and FWIW i doubt he has a queen here.
also, think about 3-betting PF.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:34 PM

i'd like to give kosher a Ha-Dou-Ken flying dragon uppercut for suggesting a raise of KQo out of position PF....

i like what appears like a block bet... but there's no guarantee he raises, so i think u're costing yourself... cuz the AJ calls any bet you make anyways puttin you on a bully/busted draw....
Old 10-21-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to give kosher a Ha-Dou-Ken flying dragon uppercut for suggesting a raise of KQo out of position PF....

i like what appears like a block bet... but there's no guarantee he raises, so i think u're costing yourself... cuz the AJ calls any bet you make anyways puttin you on a bully/busted draw....

[/ QUOTE ]

His agression factor (total) was only 2, so I thought a CRAI might not happen and I would cry if it check/checked .... FWIW he typed in the chat box "wow, I feel like I have to pay you off", went into the time bank, then folded. I feel he must have had an Ace here, and was probably raising on the turn as a free showdown move?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His agression factor (total) was only 2, so I thought a CRAI might not happen and I would cry if it check/checked .... FWIW he typed in the chat box "wow, I feel like I have to pay you off", went into the time bank, then folded. I feel he must have had an Ace here, and was probably raising on the turn as a free showdown move?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your line until river, where I think for 3-4 seconds, then shove. In this type of pot I think that maximizes value i.e. even a decent Villain will often be like "He's not shoving me off my Ace!" And of course when he has a worse Queen and gets worried it prevents him from just calling a small river bet.

I don't much like the c/r idea unless Villain is superaggroretarded and it doesn't sound like that's the case.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:10 AM

I think you played it well, you planned out the hand. If you decided on the turn when you called the raise that you were committed I like the river bet. And I assume that after you put a third of your stack you decided that you were committed. If you don't put a river bet he will probably check the majority of his hand range (AK, AJ,A10, AX, QJ, Q10) that you can beat. However, you will maximize your loss against the hands that beat you (AA, AQ, Q9).