Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 AM

Default FishFinder, Automatic import of buddies from PokerTracker to BuddyList

So it's time to release the first beta of my new app FishFinder...

FishFinder is a utility that helps you manage the Buddy List in the PartyPoker client (and skins). It replaces BuddyCopy which will not be updated anymore.

Most important features:
<ul type="square">[*]Faster than BuddyCopy[*]Checks the list for duplicates in the poker client buddy list before export to save even more time.[*]A list view so you can see the buddies you have imported, and if you imported them from PokerTracker you can see and sort them by for instance vpip and pfr.[*]Semi-automatic transfer of buddies from PokerTracker to the poker client buddy list (one step to import from PT and one step to export to buddy list).[*]Import from all your PokerTracker databases in one go.[*]Specify minimum VP$IP, maximum PFR, minimum number of hands and the earliest "last seen" date to filter the names extracted from PokerTracker.[*]Clear the PartyPoker buddy list with one click.[*]Extract all buddies from the PartyPoker buddy list with a single click for easy insertion in the buddy list of another skin.[*]Copy/Paste a comma separated list of names from the clipboard[*]Manual Add/Delete of buddies within the graphical user interface[*]Sorting on vp$ip/pfr/number of hands/last seen.[/list]Coming features:
<ul type="square">[*]Read/Write simple text files[*]Import from PokerOffice[*]Update buddy stats from PokerTracker[/list]
Get it here FishFinder

Please give suggestions for improvements and report any bugs you find.

Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 03:47 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: FishFinder, Automatic import of buddies from PokerTracker to BuddyList

sweet give me a sec to play around with it
Old 12-05-2005, 04:51 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: FishFinder, Automatic import of buddies from PokerTracker to BuddyList

Ran the query, got a bunch of names, selected export to buddy list, but when I logged into PP my buddy list was unchanged. What did I do wrong?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: FishFinder, Automatic import of buddies from PokerTracker to Buddy

Is it a problem if I don't have Party/PT installed in the default directories? A problem if I'm running both while trying to use this program?

The only thing that this program has sucessfully done is identify the names of my PT databases. Other than that it is totally unresponsive.

Edit: I should also note that I'm dealing exclusively with 6max no limit databases.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ran the query, got a bunch of names, selected export to buddy list, but when I logged into PP my buddy list was unchanged. What did I do wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to have the poker client and it's buddy list open when you export. There should be a warning and the operation should abort if you don't.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a problem if I don't have Party/PT installed in the default directories? A problem if I'm running both while trying to use this program?

[/ QUOTE ]
The locations of PokerTracker and the Poker clients have no impact on the application since it never references any files directly. There should be no problem if you run PT at the same time, and you MUST run the poker client and have it's buddy list open when doing the export.

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing that this program has sucessfully done is identify the names of my PT databases. Other than that it is totally unresponsive.

[/ QUOTE ]
The query can take a while to complete if you have a large database. Unfortunately there is no way to update the progress during a single database query since it's one single call to the database engine. So the progress bar will update to 50% after the first database and 100% after the second if you chose to import from two databases.

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I should also note that I'm dealing exclusively with 6max no limit databases.

[/ QUOTE ]
FishFinder only looks at hands played, so the type of table should not matter at all.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: FishFinder, A brief instruction

Typical workflow for extraction from PokerTracker
1. Launch FishFinder
2. Select "Import From PokerTracker" in the menu
3. Select the database(s) you want to import from
4. Select the import criteria
5. Wait for the import to finish (the database query can take some time on large databases)
6. Look at the list of names in FishFinder. You can select and delete any names that you don't want to export.
7. Launch the PartyPoker client/skin
8. Open the Buddy List of the poker client
9. In FishFinder, select the names to export or choose "Export range: All" in the settings.
10. Select "Export to Party Buddy list" in the menu.

A shortcut to toggle the settings modes is to click in the status bar.

Workflow for copying between buddy lists:
1. Open the source buddy list
2. Select "Import From Party Buddy List" in the FishFinder menu.
3. All the names in the currently open buddy list will be extracted.
4. Close the source Buddy List
5. Open the target Buddy List
6. Select "Export to Party Buddy List" in the FishFinder menu.

Doing searches directly:
When you have a number of names in FishFinder you can select a number of them and press CTRL-C or Edit-&gt;Copy in the menu. This will copy the names to the clipboard as a comma separated list. Now you can paste it directly into the partypoker search box. The search box has a limit on the length of the pasted string so it won't work with too many names.

I hope this clears any confusion.
Please get back to me if you still can't get it to work and I'll try to sort it out.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:57 PM

I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds awesome. Is there a way to add a feature that distinguishes VPIP by the number of players at the table? I mine hands on tables with anywhere between 3-10 players, so if I import players with 40+ vpip, I'll be adding a bunch of tough 40/20 4-handed players into my "fish list."
Old 12-05-2005, 04:23 PM

could you also have a feature for minimum PFR? This would help to find maniacs.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to add a feature that distinguishes VPIP by the number of players at the table? I mine hands on tables with anywhere between 3-10 players, so if I import players with 40+ vpip, I'll be adding a bunch of tough 40/20 4-handed players into my "fish list."

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I'll look into that.