Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Official Big Lebowski Thread

That rug really tied the room together. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 AM

"Your name is Lebowski. Your wife is Bunny."

"Bunny? Look, moron."

[He holds up his hand.]

"You see a wedding ring? Does this place look like I'm [censored] married? The toilet seat's up!"

IIRC he actually held up his right hand. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 03:25 AM

Brag: My cousin is the Malibu Police Chief.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 AM

I too love this movie, own the DVD. I think TBL is John Goodman's finest work ever. So over the top, its an amazing performance as Walter the lunatic.

A ton of Big Lebowski quotes. Some of my favorite Walter ones -

Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.

And, I would like my undies back!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Bunny? Look, moron."

[He holds up his hand.]

"You see a wedding ring? Does this place look like I'm [censored] married? The toilet seat's up!"

IIRC he actually held up his right hand. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The script originally called for the Dude to say, "Does it look like I'm [censored] married? All the plants are dead!" which I think is even funnier.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I too love this movie, own the DVD. I think TBL is John Goodman's finest work ever. So over the top, its an amazing performance as Walter the lunatic.

A ton of Big Lebowski quotes. Some of my favorite Walter ones -

Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.

And, I would like my undies back!

[/ QUOTE ]

Smokey, you're entering a world of pain. A world of pain.

Shabbos, Donny, is the Jewish day of rest. That means I don't drive a car, I don't [censored] ride in a car, I don't turn on the oven, I don't handle money, and I SURE AS [censored] DON'T [censored] ROLL!!! SHOMER SHABBOS!!!

5,000 years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax---you're GODDAM RIGHT I'M LIVING IN THE PAST!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:21 PM

The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the [censored] are you talking about?

Walter: What the [censored] are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, "chinaman" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Asian-American", please.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Bunny? Look, moron."

[He holds up his hand.]

[/ QUOTE ]

The script originally called for the Dude to say, "Does it look like I'm [censored] married? All the plants are dead!" which I think is even funnier.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that is a way better line - although one that would never get a laugh on the first viewing. i think part of the reason i disliked this movie at first is because 'the toilet seat's up' is such a cliche.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Actually I like the toilet seat line better because he just happened to be right next to the toilet so it made a lot of sense. For him to make the plant comment, he should have at least paused and stuttered because that's too funny to be an original off-the-cuff comment.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:43 PM

I've permanently incorporated "Ladyfriend" into my general vocabulary. It's surprisingly flirtatious without being overt about it, like if you called them "honey" or some such.

Anybody play The Big Lebowski Drinking game? Drink a white russian everytime he drinks one. IIRC, it's eleven. I say "IF" I recall because by 9 we were so full of vodka and milk that I was kneeling next to a toilet, begging to throw-up shortly after a ridiculous, knee-bloodying wrestling match.

[ QUOTE ]

The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the [censored] are you talking about?

Walter: What the [censored] are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, "chinaman" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Asian-American", please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best part is when he goes on to say: "Donny you're out of your element! Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here!"