Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 05:19 PM

Default 66 in cutoff flops set vs LAG

I've been told I need to post more hands so to get in the spirit of things here goes. I don't have any notes on villains but BB is 19/13/2/181 and UTG is 52/17/0.7/136

First off was I correct to raise with 66 in the cutoff? I didn't expect BB to re-raise and was hoping to get heads up with UTG. This was in the midst of a recent big downswing and when i flopped the set on that board I thought 'Oh no, how much will i lose this time'.

Should I have re-raised the flop or go into call down mode and hope turn and river are blanks? It's hard to imagine i'm behind there but am i just building the pot for one of the other two to take, and is there any value in raising to protect your hand here? Cap looks like spew to me now!

Turn is obviously a scare card but with river i'm thinking it's time for flush or trips to pay me off. Can you really put anybody on a bigger boat here and just call the river?

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.25BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.25BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18.25BB
<font color="#ffffff">UTG shows Js 8s</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks 6d 6h</font>
Old 07-23-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: 66 in cutoff flops set vs LAG

easy cap for me, he played this exactly like he has a flush.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:22 PM

not raising the turn seems weird but i think it's right, and i definitely cap the river.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:26 PM

i think the river might be a cap. his agg factor is not high, but when you consider his VPIP is &gt;50, he's not super passive.

you're only losing to J8, J6, J5 (maybe JJ and 88, but he should raise those pf). i think a flush is much more likely.

rest of the hand is fine
Old 07-23-2007, 05:27 PM

ya at first i thought bb still had the lead and it's an easy raise there but with utg betting call is good. a guy with 17pfr usually doesn't have 88 here so he usually has a flush or J8 when he 3bets, you're a big favorite.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM

I'd cap the river. UTG is LAG enough (preflop) that I'd expect him to raise JJ or 88 preflop. So, you might lose to J8 or something, but it looks a lot more like a flush.

Everything else looks fine. I don't raise the flush turn after UTG spent the whole flop calling and suddenly fires a bet.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:07 PM

River should be capped otherwise you played it good. Your confidence seems a little low, thats not good. If you loose with a hand like this you should loose as much as you can and don't regret it for a second.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River should be capped otherwise you played it good. Your confidence seems a little low, thats not good. If you loose with a hand like this you should loose as much as you can and don't regret it for a second.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the river cap. He played it just like a flush, calling a lot of bets on the flop. There are not many likely hands that you are behind. The rest of the hand is great, and I agree with the turn call b/c of the obviousness of the UTG's flush. You're probably calling with outs and the pot is pretty big here.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 PM

I think you played it right at every choice. There's not much you can do, sometimes 5th nut runs into 2nd nut (or defacto nuts in this case). You were destined to take a hit.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 AM

Im losing 4 bets on 5th every time in this spot. good beats.