Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 03:50 AM

Default 66 checks the turn

I've been having trouble with small PP's that I've been trying to isolate with lately (especially against loose passives). Is a continuation bet on the turn here a spew?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB
Old 11-06-2006, 03:53 AM

Default Re: 66 checks the turn

should have bet the turn. you have two outs if raised so you're not giving up a lot of the pot when it happens, and the flop is super draw heavy + people really dont need anything to call flops.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:07 AM

Bet turn check behind river.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:25 AM

just throwing another book in the bonfire: b/f turn and check behind on river.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:05 AM

Pre-flop: 66 is a little bit light for an iso-raise imo. I would raise 77 though, so no big deal.

Turn: Definitely bet again. There are plenty of hands that you can extract value from... straight draws, flush draws, treys. If you own a copy of Ed Miller's SSHE, the section on playing overcards can help you out in these situations. Obviously, you don't have 2 overcards. But the concepts are basically the same when it comes to following up on the turn.

River: If you had bet the turn and been called, either fold to a bet or check behind.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop: 66 is a little bit light for an iso-raise imo. I would raise 77 though, so no big deal.

Turn: Definitely bet again. There are plenty of hands that you can extract value from... straight draws, flush draws, treys. If you own a copy of Ed Miller's SSHE, the section on playing overcards can help you out in these situations. Obviously, you don't have 2 overcards. But the concepts are basically the same when it comes to following up on the turn.

River: If you had bet the turn and been called, either fold to a bet or check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

66 is definately not too small for a raise in the CO vs a limper id raise 55 44 also. 66 is close to the range of an iso 3bet if utg had come in for 2, against most short handed players id consider 3 betting 77+.

id bet this draw heavy board on the turn and charge the hands ur ahead of even vs someone who doesnt peel as light as others, this was a good turn for ya plus you wouldnt mind folding out some gutters that have 6 more pair outs they may not know are good, even if he wont bluff river UI or bet out marginal hands giving you a tough river decision after ur turn check, makes the hand play easier. as played I think you have to fold that river A
Old 11-06-2006, 12:40 PM

A turn c-bet is pretty much mandatory here, especially against a loose passive.

You're actually very often ahead here. The board is very draw heavy. You can fold to a check/raise. And a bet here will let you be checked to on the river, giving you a cheap showdown.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:26 PM

I'd bet the turn again and it would be the last $$$ I invest in this hand.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the turn again and it would be the last $$$ I invest in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

easy to say mofo, your not losing BB's.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:48 PM

holy [censored] I'm off my head. No poker posts for the time being. (for real) I'm in scater, scatter, crap, crap, half cool. ozzi champagne land. [censored]