Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: gettin silly again

also, not many 1/2 regs are capable of a b/3b bluff on the turn, but are definitely capable of leading with junk here.

and its cheaper than the river
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 AM

not at all.

firstly, we love our draw and don't want to get blown off it and it's reaaalllly obvious what we have (most important point), secondly, if he is bluffing we can take it away on the river sometimes.

calling is clearly better, im shocked you are suggesting raising
Old 11-24-2007, 03:39 AM

i like calling the turn since we're disguised and all that plus if we raise we arent repping anything against a regular.

on the river, you can raise smaller, i like 88. overall this is fine IMO. he can put us on a ten a lot and it looks like hes blocking.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not at all.

firstly, we love our draw and don't want to get blown off it and it's reaaalllly obvious what we have (most important point), secondly, if he is bluffing we can take it away on the river sometimes.

calling is clearly better, im shocked you are suggesting raising

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, he's not b/3b the turn as a bluff at all. the river bluff is way more expensive and more transparent than the turn raise.

simple fact is, we should be double barreling on the turn. but w/e... go be shocked... shocked!
Old 11-24-2007, 03:45 AM

lol SHOCKED!!!

but yeah i agree we should be double barreling, but after checking calling is better then raising and its not particularly close. Against his bluffs, do you think he's cr the river as a bluff often eother? prob not. Against his air raising turn is better, but not drastically, but against everything else calling is sooo much better.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:07 AM

if i am bluffing, i am raising the turn, and i will do that alot as villain leads at this pot with pretty much his whole range.

on the river you are repping exactly and only a Tx hand imo, which is fine, i think it will work alot, but i like the turn raise alot better

to that guy who likes checking behind with KQ on a K53 board, this is terrible. we are cbetting this board every time we miss, so we have to Cbet it every time we hit or we become very easy to play agaisnt
Old 11-24-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last I will comment on this since we have reached an impasse. But do know that checking back KQ on a K53 board is not bad. If one continues to always fall back on default plans, one will always play hands in the same manner. Then ones defaults are what is going to cost him money.

Thinking outside the box and being unorthodox in spots like these will do wonders for your image and make you appear to be mixing up your play alot when really you are just capitalizing on a great situation. It will also give much more credibility to your c-bets when you have Q9s on a 853 board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a question... why will checking behind KQ on a K-high board give more credibility to your c-bets with air? If anything, I'd have thought that if villain sees you check behind a decent but not great hand he will think your c-betting range is somewhat polarized and since you have air much more often than a really strong hand, he will play back at you more.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:34 PM

Think he won't believe you've got a ten. It does look like acrazy bluff. Does he have any info on you, what is your image?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:44 PM

Sh58,

[ QUOTE ]
to that guy who likes checking behind with KQ on a K53 board, this is terrible. we are cbetting this board every time we miss, so we have to Cbet it every time we hit or we become very easy to play agaisnt

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be c-betting this flop every time you miss. I am not. I don't auto c-bet any board just for the sake of the board texture alone. My opponent impacts my c-bets far more then anything else.

members_only,

[ QUOTE ]
Just a question... why will checking behind KQ on a K-high board give more credibility to your c-bets with air? If anything, I'd have thought that if villain sees you check behind a decent but not great hand he will think your c-betting range is somewhat polarized and since you have air much more often than a really strong hand, he will play back at you more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the times I choose not to c-bet when I hit the flop fairly good will often result in one of two way. Either it goes to showdown and he sees my hand thus making my c-bets very tough to read as well as my non c-bets. Or secondly, I end up taking the pot down on the turn/river without showdown and leave my opponent completely confused on WTF I could possibly have had. Now this line sets up a nice bluff/float for later.

And what exactly am I polarizing? If anything I think we do the exact opposite. Remember, we are not always checking behind with TPGK. There are just certaiin spots where by doing this every once in a while keeps certain opponents on their toes and makes you harder to read....not easier. As always this play is situational. The hand I described against the opponent stated seems like a good spot for it. As said before, mix up your play when the cards are in your favor. This will allow you to set up that bluff or atleast that image of being able to pull one off. Doing this the other way (bluffing to set up some FPS) is not the way to go. Thus mixing up your play for a reason...
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 PM

I don't mind the river raise but I would def raise a lot less.
I think u can rep a T pretty easily. I would also c-bet this flop in position against a TAG.