Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Organ Donations

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious as to whether you would donate your organs (either dead or alive) and the reasoning behind your choice.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]\
I was, then I learned about the system and how everyone is making money off of the organs except for the donor. Rather than allowing a family to accept compensation for a deceased family member's organs, they donate them, and every person involved in the harvest, transport and transplant makes money off of it, the family makes nothing. It should be a way for families to pay for unexpected funerals, or increase their standard of living, instead, they are left with nothing.

I am no longer a donor, and I hope that others will stop donating as well. The only way to open the system is to close off the supply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah great attitude . Wait tell you ,wife , girl friend, kids , mom need one. I bet a quick change of heart !!! [censored] idiot !!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These links don't really address the point you quoted about increasing insurance costs. You think companies are going to pay this extra money out of the goodness of their hearts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I addressed it already. They are going to pay it because they won't have to pay for months to years of daily dialysis treatments. It's cheaper to buy a kidney than to keep a man on dialysis until he dies.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah great attitude . Wait tell you ,wife , girl friend, kids , mom need one. I bet a quick change of heart !!! [censored] idiot !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll buy them one.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These links don't really address the point you quoted about increasing insurance costs. You think companies are going to pay this extra money out of the goodness of their hearts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I addressed it already. They are going to pay it because they won't have to pay for months to years of daily dialysis treatments. It's cheaper to buy a kidney than to keep a man on dialysis until he dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, thats not the damn comparison. Paying people for their organs doesn't introduce the choice of dialysis vs. transplant. It introduces a $6000 organ instead of a free organ.

Seriously, if you don't understand this point you need to take a basic lesson in logic.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, thats not the damn comparison. Paying people for their organs doesn't introduce the choice of dialysis vs. transplant. It introduces a $6000 organ instead of a free organ.

Seriously, if you don't understand this point you need to take a basic lesson in logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh yes, because of that veritable cornucopia of organs flooding the streets outside of every hospital where people in renal failure can walk up to the counter and yell "Kidney on 2!"
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 AM

It's illegal to sell organs because it would create a big black market for them.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:25 AM

In my experience, most hospital administrator types need outside help tying their shoes....so I wouldn't be too concerned about them conspiring against us.

MM MD
Old 10-01-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh yes, because of that veritable cornucopia of organs flooding the streets outside of every hospital where people in renal failure can walk up to the counter and yell "Kidney on 2!"

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you actually this retarded, or are you just one of those people that would rather appear retarded then give up on your argument?

Right now a transplant costs X dollars. You're suggesting it should cost X + 6000. That "+ 6000" has to come from somewhere. Its not going to magically appear. You're saying insurance companies will pay it because its cheaper than dialysis. Except dialysis has nothing to do with this argument. Its simple math. If you increase the cost of something, people have to pay the additional money (or not get the good/service).

Also, I'm still waiting to hear what activities you're engaged in to encourage people to demand transplant laws.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 AM

I'm pretty slow, but I think he's suggesting that paying people to donate organs might encourage people to donate organs.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty slow, but I think he's suggesting that paying people to donate organs might encourage people to donate organs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd have to have a fair number of extra donations to make up for the fact that all of the organs donated now are free, and they would now cost X number of dollars.

Its all besides the point anyway, since I don't doubt there are flaws in the current system. But the original point was that he's stopped being an organ donor because he doesn't like the current system. But all thats doing is hurting innocent people.