Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet - Pros and Cons

I have heard its on the slow decline..not sure if this is true though but they have fewer pros now then they had 3yrs ago.

Still i think its a top 3 site
Old 08-06-2007, 12:16 AM

the best part of UB is their BJ and their fast software. The rest is pretty iffy. They changed the rb from dealt to contributed and reduced the amount of ub pts per hand, which really sucks. Their bonus money is worth nothing now.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:21 AM

Pros

Early to mid tournament structure in large entrant (800+)
Great tournament structure
Rematch button in HU, Challenge in HU (although no one knows how it works.)
LiveChat support

Cons

Pathetic FR Cash games, never over $1/2 now
More pathetic bonus dollars, I love getting sucked out of the $109 to get a pop up that I just cleared .85 in bonus money, yipeeeee
Horrible Sat program for large buy in tournaments
Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 AM

UB has the worst customer service possible. UB has bots infesting all nano and micro lhe games. UB does nothing to prevent bots. UB does nothing to prevent disconnect-protect abuses. UB cashouts are sometimes just slow and often extremely slow. UB's responses to any of my queries were even longer than ftp, if that's possible. UB's focus stealing is infuriating. UB's hand history window is yet another infuriatingly stupid "feature" of UB software.

I don't play tourneys so I don't know anything about them, they might be stellar.

Oh yeah, bonus clearing is ridiculous. Contributed instead of the MGR method for calculating rakeback.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UB does nothing to prevent disconnect-protect abuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would second this part. Disconnection protect abusers are a major problem at UB. It's not that a ton of people do it, but a small number do it somewhat frequently, costing legit players thousands - at UB does nothing about it.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UB has the worst customer service possible. UB has bots infesting all nano and micro lhe games. UB does nothing to prevent bots. UB does nothing to prevent disconnect-protect abuses. UB cashouts are sometimes just slow and often extremely slow. UB's responses to any of my queries were even longer than ftp, if that's possible. UB's focus stealing is infuriating. UB's hand history window is yet another infuriatingly stupid "feature" of UB software.

I don't play tourneys so I don't know anything about them, they might be stellar.

Oh yeah, bonus clearing is ridiculous. Contributed instead of the MGR method for calculating rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lot of cons...didn't really notice any bots, are these in the full ring games from 2-4 and below?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lot of cons...didn't really notice any bots, are these in the full ring games from 2-4 and below?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you specifically look, the easiest way to find them is to look at like .05/.1 and .02/.04 lhe tables. 6m normally. They're the ones that are pretty bad 35/25 type guys. The real players are normally like 60/0 with the occasional guy with normal lhe 6m stats, 30/20ish or a little below. These are the bad winholdem bots who are marginal winners but still fish against almost anybody with a brain. The real easiest way to tell is they'll generally sit at a table with you HU. They autopost their BB instantly when real players take a little time to click the button.

Also, AP has just as many and does just as little. Real bots written privately are going to be much better and much harder to detect. Unless you're MrGatorade, then you'll just make [censored] up. A
Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UB does nothing to prevent disconnect-protect abuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would second this part. Disconnection protect abusers are a major problem at UB. It's not that a ton of people do it, but a small number do it somewhat frequently, costing legit players thousands - at UB does nothing about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always report this when I see it, I think I've gotten a nonautomated response once or twice.