Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 12:12 AM

Default AA WTF!?

UTG is a 40/20 LAG, sb is a 45/15 loose passivish player.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Hero
Old 07-28-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: AA WTF!?

Tough spot. You have the UTG beat 95-100% of the time. So it's all about what the SB has here. This spot is impossible to play well without a reasonable idea of what the SB's range is here. 3betting the turn, coldcalling, and folding are all in play here. If the SB is indeed passive than you probably should fold the turn becuz a typical passive player is not donking the turn here with a naked king. The SB's "coldcall flop raise not closing the action-donk turn line into 2 players who have showed alot of strength two streets" is also a serious sign of strength, especially from a passive player.

However, If you believe the SB would indeed play Kx this way than you cant fold the turn, and I would probably coldcall in this scenario.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:52 AM

You're behind at least one of them. With just one villain betting or raising into my strength, I'd put him on AK or KQ. Unfortunately, here you have a passive player leading out (usually trouble) and another villain raising him. To make things worse, you're trapped between them and probably don't have many outs. Someone else has at least 2pair or a set. LAG to act behind you...I'd probably cut my losses now and fold the turn. Sorry.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:12 AM

i would probably call here and folding isn't very probable
Old 07-28-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sb is a 45/15 loose passivish player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't fold since we almost always have the LAG beat, and we don't have a good enough read on this guy. I could see something like AK or KQ playing like this.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:20 AM

im 3 betting in the dark. grow a pair.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:56 AM

U must call.unless u have good read on guys and can be prety sure u loosing at least.
But overvise u need to call it down
Old 07-28-2007, 11:00 AM

The loose passive probably has you beat a bunch here, but I can't imagine how the 5 helped him improve? He could be doing something really weird with a K to try and block a free card. I probably call here and see what kind of action the river brings.