Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 06:49 PM

Default 10/20 turn and riv decision

My notes on villian: Flop postury in big pot. Missed easy river value. Doesn't seem to tilt, folds easily postflop.

I raise KJhh in sb, he 3 bets, I cap. Flop is A63 with 1 heart. I bet, he calls. Turn is 7h. I pause like 3 seconds, and check, deciding to c-r if he bets. He checks. Riv is a low blank, and I check fold.

You think the turn play is profitable? Any other option on the river?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: 10/20 turn and riv decision

i'd barrell the turn.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:44 PM

i dont think he bets a pair other than an ace very much on the turn, which thwarts your semibluff opprotunity. so i'd just bet the turn. but if u know he can fold a mediocre ace to a turn cr then by all means, go for it, but i dont think anyone would in a blind battle.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think he bets a pair other than an ace very much on the turn, which thwarts your semibluff opprotunity. so i'd just bet the turn. but if u know he can fold a mediocre ace to a turn cr then by all means, go for it, but i dont think anyone would in a blind battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other option is c/c turn, c/f river, but we have enough equity that he folds often enough for us to bet.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:35 PM

Definitley just bet the turn here... you capped preflop for this exact type of situation. If he bets the turn then he probably has an ace anyway making a c/r a spew, and by betting you could get a straightforward bad player to put you on ace or bigger PP then him and muck right there, which is of huge value to you.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The other option is c/c turn, c/f river, but we have enough equity that he folds often enough for us to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This the line I take and if the turn goes check/check I strongly consider check/calling the river. I would probably check/call the river as played.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-23-2007, 11:51 PM

I can't see myself checking the turn.

If you have a note saying he folds easily post flop, are you using this information to decide that since he peeled the flop he has to have an A (doesn't seem so since you were about to spew all over his face w/ your -ev c/r) or did you just neglect this entirely by failing to follow though?