Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Juiced!

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, That is almost becoming a thing of the past. I know most places in nothern cali, the floor can't accept tips (they take them and put them into the dealer's pool). I know many places still do, but wonder if that will change? Anyway, many times you try and juice the floor and they laugh!

[/ QUOTE ]

I toke the floor all the time at Bay101.. helps me get a JIC seat when they are swamped!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:04 PM

I did say that it mostly pertained to the Norcal rooms.
But it does make you wonder if someday it will come to that; the dealers are already on 24 hour pools and shift pools in LV right? IMO, this is usually a small indicator as to the direction management is headed with tipped employees.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But it does make you wonder if someday it will come to that; the dealers are already on 24 hour pools and shift pools in LV right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I can't imagine an experienced poker dealer dealing someplace where they pool.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did say that it mostly pertained to the Norcal rooms.
But it does make you wonder if someday it will come to that; the dealers are already on 24 hour pools and shift pools in LV right? IMO, this is usually a small indicator as to the direction management is headed with tipped employees.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Bay 101 is in NorCal. FWIW one of the chiefs there told me if he ever sees a floor "selling" a seat when there's a long list, that floor will be fired.

A player sitting next to me found a marked ace at Bally's in Vegas 3 weeks ago. It appears it's not completely out of style.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
?? Bay 101 is in NorCal. FWIW one of the chiefs there told me if he ever sees a floor "selling" a seat when there's a long list, that floor will be fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving up the list with a toke is easier at Bay 101 than any of the other Norcal cardrooms in which I've played. It might be an overstatement to say that it is common, but it certainly isn't rare. The first time I saw it was a friend bumping himself and a partner up about fifty spaces on a saturday night. It was his first time at Bay 101 so it wasn't like he'd laid any groundwork.

Regarding beat up and marked decks, none quite match what you'll see at the Palace in Hayward. I'm surprised they don't let people bring decks from home in that place.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving up the list with a toke is easier at Bay 101 than any of the other Norcal cardrooms in which I've played. It might be an overstatement to say that it is common, but it certainly isn't rare. The first time I saw it was a friend bumping himself and a partner up about fifty spaces on a saturday night. It was his first time at Bay 101 so it wasn't like he'd laid any groundwork.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've seen it before, that's what prompted me to ask the supervisor about it. I wasn't ratting anyone out, I had gotten chummy with one of the supervisors so I just asked him what the usual price might be. I figured it was a fairly innocent question because in Vegas, you can get just about anything with the right tip. That's when he explained to me how much un-Vegas-like they were trying to keep the place.