Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Love at the Mirage

I'm considering catching it tomorrow night. Any advice as to where to sit? Are half-price tickets available at the booth? Anyway I can score something from the concierge (I'm staying at Mirage)? General opinions on the show?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Love at the Mirage

I've only ever sat in the first two rows - I highly recommend it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Half-price for Cirque only happens occasionally for Mystere and Zumanity, never for O or Love or Ka.
I know that the Bellagio concierge saves a block of good seats for O, so I imagine Mirage does the same.

A side note: the last time I was there I bought O and Love tickets off the Cirque website and was front row both times. Since I lost $2K at -EV games (I turned a small profit at poker and sports betting), I clearly used all my luck getting good seats.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Oh, and your opinion on Love is the same as your aggregate opinion on the Beatles, hot redheaded trapeze artists, and modern dance. There's less acrobatics compared to O, and more gymnastics and dancing.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and your opinion on Love is the same as your aggregate opinion on the Beatles <font color="red"> (love them)</font>, hot redheaded trapeze artists <font color="red">(how bad can this be?)</font>, and modern dance <font color="red">(works for me)</font>. There's less acrobatics compared to O, and more gymnastics and dancing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-08-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and your opinion on Love is the same as your aggregate opinion on the Beatles <font color="red"> (love them)</font>, hot redheaded trapeze artists <font color="red">(how bad can this be?)</font>, and modern dance <font color="red">(works for me)</font>. There's less acrobatics compared to O, and more gymnastics and dancing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, this is pretty much a must-see for you. Those less fond of the Beatles (like my father) and more fond of the acrobatics in O (like my mother) might give it lower marks.

Be forewarned, though: the treatment they give Blackbird is a bit strange, as the French Canadian roots of Cirque come through here, and is my least favorite part of the show.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and your opinion on Love is the same as your aggregate opinion on the Beatles, hot redheaded trapeze artists, and modern dance. There's less acrobatics compared to O, and more gymnastics and dancing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I lurk on 2+2 for another 100 years, I don't think I could ever write something as insightful as this!

Beautifully put!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM

I really did not care for it. That era was not my calling for music selection however I think the Beatles are a fantastic group.

Go see 'KA' or 'O' or 'Mystere'.

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 06:58 PM

I guess this is all subjective, but...is it worth the extra $75-100 for the best seats?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess this is all subjective, but...is it worth the extra $75-100 for the best seats?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I've only ever sat in the first two rows - I highly recommend it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the answer you were looking for?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:24 AM

Without giving too much away, you get a slightly different show in the lower level than you do in the upper level, especially during one song, though I don't remember which one at the moment.

As with all Cirque, if you sit in the front row, you get to see the intricacies of the performances, the sweat they work up, etc., but it's hard to see the forest for the trees; in the upper level you get more of the scope of the show.