Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-24-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Anybody here got a vasectomy?

I'm just wondering about it. Being a broke student the worst thing that could happen to me is get a girl pregnant. It would pretty much kill me and lead me to a life of low wage work with all my dreams pretty much tucked away. I will need a couple more years to finish my studies and get financial stability but in those years a mistake/unfortunate event could happen, the chances are too great!

1. I read of permanent pain after the vasectomy, is this rare? will you be able to function normally after one?
2. If you have insurance in your job would they pay for such a thing? if not how much does it cost?
3. how long does the operation take? how difficult of a procedure is this?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Anybody here got a vasectomy?

http://www.cuc.claremont.edu/heo/ima...ndompeople.jpg
[x] Condoms, they're 1 thing
Old 11-24-2007, 11:36 PM

condoms fail sometimes, and sometimes the woman will do things to get herself pregnant by you.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
condoms fail sometimes, and sometimes the woman will do things to get herself pregnant by you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you got so much going for you, it's beyond belief that you haven't knocked up a chick yet because she put a pin hole in your condom so you could knock her up and she could take you for all your worth.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:39 PM

Wow, so you want to get a vasectomy just cause you can't have a kid in the next few years?

Or is this just some elaborate level wherein you actually have a good reason for getting the procedure done but are trying to convince us that you're stupid enough to think something as idiotic as described in the OP so we can raise funds for your vasectomy on the grounds that I person that stupid shouldn't be allowed to reproduce?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:00 AM

I'm not going to comment on the absurdness of getting a vasectomy at your age, but to give you a little information, I just had one a week ago.

First the general info: The procedure as a whole is about 30-40 minutes. Its outpatient and surprisingly not that painful while it happens, but the recovery period can be a little uncomfortable. The most you feel is getting a shot of local anesthetic on your sack, then some heat while it kicks in. I have not heard of the constant pain part, and mine works just fine. Recovery time is anywhere between 2-7 days, and you can drive home afterwards. You are supposed to take it very easy for a 5-7 days and not do any lifting, exercise or have sex. I basically sat on the couch with frozen peas on my nuts for the whole weekend.

Now for me, the first side went fine according to the book. The second side to dr. had a hard time finding the vas and dug around down there for awhile. That was somewhat painful, but its not terrible because he's not grabbing your ball, its more like pushing and pulling around it to find the vas. He ended up finding it and made an incision, but did not like the grip he had on the clamps, so he let it go. Tried to find it again and eventually got a better grip but had to make a 2nd incision on that side. Once that was done, it was then as normal. It took about a little over an hour for me because of the trouble. Because of that, my recovery has taken 8 days and I'm just today feeling better (had it done Nov 16). It was like a nonstop feeling like you got kicked in the balls. I pretty much have worn a jock strap for 8 straight days. Its still a little sore where the stitches are now , but those are supposed to be dissolved in a couple of more days.

My case is a little strange, and I've had friends who were fine after 2 days and some that took 10 days to feel better. Just depends on how good of a healer you are and how close your vas is to the surface.

My insurance at work covered it. I paid two $35 copays (one for the initial consultation and one for the procedure itself). YCMV.

Now that you know what you are in for, do you really want to go through this?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? dude, sometimes the government comes and shoots you in your sleep, but it's not [censored] likely. live a little buddy.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I basically sat on the couch with frozen peas on my nuts for the whole weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did too, weird.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:15 AM

WL,
Wow. I've never gotten psychosomatic pain that felt that real.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? dude, sometimes the government comes and shoots you in your sleep, but it's not [censored] likely. live a little buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also drive drunk!