Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: .02/.04 LHE: 17 Hand Review

I think you are generally playing too passive post flop. It's true that you won't get the calling stations to fold, so you have no fold equity there, but you gotta push your edges on those draws.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:54 PM

Hand 1 : call the turn

Rest ... meh, did not read
Old 09-27-2007, 06:11 PM

i will answer one hand per post...i don't know if i can answer all, nor if my analysis will be as good as others available at this site...in the future, one hand per post please...

hand 1 - call the turn...you have a gut shot plus a pair, if your count the non-spade outs you have 4 outs, and for the 9s & 8s you can probably give yourself 1/2 an out each...5 outs with 46 cards in the pack...you will win around 1 out of 9.2 times, the pot will have 12 bb in it if you call and it seems unlikely you will be re-raised based on play so far in this hand...if you need help with playing draw hands get the book "Hold Em on the Come" by Rolfe Slotbottom, or search the web / this site for info on hold em drawing hands...counting outs...calculating pot odds
Old 09-27-2007, 06:18 PM

hand 2 - calling down is fine, although you might consider betting on the turn or river (semi-bluff or even stone bluff)...when its checked twice to me i usually bet unless a scare card (A or K, flush card or straight card came)

you might want to read Matt Hilger's "Book of Bluffs" to learn what are good bluffing chances if you don't already know that, or perhaps read some of his articles on line...do a google search
Old 09-27-2007, 06:27 PM

Hand 3 - bet the flop

you have a flush draw to the nuts, two over cards, and a back door straight draw...and you have 3 others...you out count would be around 9 for the flush, 2 more for the overcards, perhaps .5 or 1 for the backdoor straight...11.5 outs with 47 left in the pack to get a very strong hand on the next card, and you have yet another card to come...you ought to improve 22% or more one the next card...you have the implied odds with the potential callers to bet this hand on the flop...if you make your flush its not likely you will get much action so do it now...also, betting your strong draws helps disguise the times you have a made hand with high pairs...again, Rolfe Slotbottom's book of Hold Em on the Come is an excellent treatment of these types of hands..
Old 09-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Hand 4 - no change

Hand 5 - no change, unless BB had been making excessive number of raises that look like steals, say 3 out of last 6 hands...then i would re-raise on the flop...

Hand 6 - no change
Old 09-27-2007, 06:43 PM

Hand 8 - i would probably have played it as you did...although i may have folded on the turn after SB bet out...depends on the tone of the game from earlier hands
Old 09-27-2007, 06:49 PM

Hand 9 - would likely have played it as you did, but also would have considered a bluff raise on the turn...when villain checked behind twice its worth a stab every so often...also, it being a 6 max game, you ought to play on the aggressive side trying to steal blinds with air...in your session with the villain you would get a feeling for how he is playing and try a steal regularly if the bb does not fight back
Old 09-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Hand 10 - no change

Hand 11 - no change

Hand 12 - fold the river...calling the turn is okay as you have 4 cards drawing to a full house, the pot is large enough to give you the outs to call. But on the river a flush card comes, and betting action to this point makes it look as if one villain has a set or trips...with two other opponents already putting money into the pot on the river the KK's look no good
Old 09-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Hand 13 - no change...if the top card on the flop had been Q or J in spades or diamonds, bet out on the flop with middle pair in an unraised pot with only 2 opponents...

Hand 14 - i would have called the turn...i have 4 outs to a full house, 3 Q's to a staight, which will could result in a split pot...and maybe with KJ i am best...so i would figure is have around 6 outs, i am 1 out of 8 to win, i think i have pot odds to call, and if i hit i can get 1 more bet in...on the river if i missed and was raised i would have to think a lot and just might fold...this may be a leak in my game