Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-29-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

ummm it's easy to understand why most people would want to reduce variance and ensure they make a lot of money... it's also easy to understand why people would want to steal from someone... that doesn't make it less scummy

I'm not saying he's a bad person, but it's clearly against the rules and he doesn't deserve to be placed above other cheaters just because you met him once

if he didn't know it was against the rules, that's one thing, but he lied about it after the fact (I think, I didn't read too carefully), which is more than a little scumbaggy

I met sorel in barcelona and he seemed nice too, but assuming he actually bought the account, I've lost a lot of respect for him
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Funkii,
Given how much money is at stake I don't really hold any ill will towards someone selling the account because I completely understand what they are doing and why. I do not see selling an account as being that wrong ethically especially because one does not have a lot of time to make the decision to sell their account. Given this they could easily make a hasty decision. IMO if someone thinks selling an account deep in an MTT makes someone a scumbag they have a ridiculously high set of moral standards.If he did lie about after the fact(I don't know) who [censored] cares, what was he going to say yes I sold my account now take all my money. The main point I am making there are tons of people who will go deep in mtts and opt to sell their seats for a guaranteed big score to reduce variance. There is little point in pursuing them because there are so many of them(basically anyone who goes deep in a big tourney) it makes far more sense to crack down on the account buyers because they are 99% of the problem.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 PM

I fully agree with NHFunkii, however:

When you say, "It's clearly against the rules" I feel like we're opening up a Pandora's box of sorts.

Anything that falls within the jurisdiction of "clearly" to a degree warrants seizing of entire winnings, and anything that is like Plattsburgh's situation gets off scot free.

I feel like when you're operating on a system such as this you are inevitably going to run into problems when it comes to enforcing future situations that are 'borderline'. like g2cu states.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Eagles,

Not trying to speak for Funkii; however I think he was just focusing on the fact that being a nice guy that is broke should not lessen the charge or the penalty.

The whole "scummy, not scummy" thing is just opinion based and not entirely relevant, no?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW without knowing many specifics I will add this. I met Chris in Vegas once he was a very nice guy, most people I know who have met him say the same thing. Assuming the info in this thread is correct, people need to realize that 250k or w/e is a lot of money and for someone like Chris who is a writer not a poker player it is easy to understand why he would want to reduce variance and ensure he makes a lot of money, and letting somebody buy his account does not make him a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Chris also have someone else finish off his stories for him when he's running up against a deadline?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles,

Not trying to speak for Funkii; however I think he was just focusing on the fact that being a nice guy that is broke should not lessen the charge or the penalty.

The whole "scummy, not scummy" thing is just opinion based and not entirely relevant, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya I suppose. I mean obviously the penalty should be the same. Its just I saw a few posts earlier that were like Chris Vaughn is a scumbag(essentially) and all I am saying is from everything I know he's a good guy who just made a mistake.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW without knowing many specifics I will add this. I met Chris in Vegas once he was a very nice guy, most people I know who have met him say the same thing. Assuming the info in this thread is correct, people need to realize that 250k or w/e is a lot of money and for someone like Chris who is a writer not a poker player it is easy to understand why he would want to reduce variance and ensure he makes a lot of money, and letting somebody buy his account does not make him a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Chris also have someone else finish off his stories for him when he's running up against a deadline?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to think of a good way to equate it to his writing career, you have done a much better job so ill just quote it =)
Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to think of a good way to equate it to his writing career, you have done a much better job so ill just quote it =)

[/ QUOTE ]
This analogy is retarded for 42121421124124 reasons
Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Your desire to defend your friend is noble and all but just quoting posts saying LOLOLretarded doesnt help
Old 11-29-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Your desire to defend your friend is noble and all but just quoting posts saying LOLOLretarded doesnt help

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you read most of his posts? That reply is 100% standard and expected