Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

Another solid win for the Lakers.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

Yes, good hustle and good effort.

Walton still seems to be struggling since becoming a 6th man.

I hope Kwame is not too hurt, just Bynum and Mihm is not too comforting, mainly because I don't know how well Mihm will hold up to his first full season in a couple of years. Not to mention Ronny being out...but things are going alright right now.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think as long as the hustle and effort keeps up they'll be in good shape. And I found the Kwame injury to be pretty conforting [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Now there is no way Jackson can start him.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think as long as the hustle and effort keeps up they'll be in good shape. And I found the Kwame injury to be pretty conforting [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Now there is no way Jackson can start him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I don't want to see the guy hurt, but less Kwame is better for the Lakers IMO.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM

The more Bynum plays now, the better he'll play later. He can be very, very good - averaging 10/10 right now off the bench. I had forecasted 14/10 w/ 1.5bpg...looks like he's on track. In a year, maybe even Kobe will be saying "thank God we didn't trade Bynum for Kidd".
Old 11-19-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The more Bynum plays now, the better he'll play later. He can be very, very good - averaging 10/10 right now off the bench. I had forecasted 14/10 w/ 1.5bpg...looks like he's on track. In a year, maybe even Kobe will be saying "thank God we didn't trade Bynum for Kidd".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I don't think Bynum will ever be dominant really. He's just so inconsistent. He could make me eat my words in a few years, but I would've traded him for Kidd in a heartbeat. Kobe, Kidd, and Odom!?!? I don't want to say they would be contenders necessarily, but they would be much better on paper than they are now.

Of course, things are looking pretty good right now, so let's just see where we end up.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:43 PM

He's 20 years old...inconsistency is a product of immaturity and inexperience.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I don't think Bynum will ever be dominant really. He's just so inconsistent. He could make me eat my words in a few years, but I would've traded him for Kidd in a heartbeat. Kobe, Kidd, and Odom!?!? I don't want to say they would be contenders necessarily, but they would be much better on paper than they are now.

Of course, things are looking pretty good right now, so let's just see where we end up.

[/ QUOTE ]

bynum looks top five center legit to me. in a year or two, i mean. physically he reminds me of shaq at that age, but with better muscle tone/slightly less massive frame.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many 20 year olds has that been said about though? All I'm saying is that I'm not sold. I hope he turns out to be a beast, but I'm skeptical.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many 20 year olds has that been said about though? All I'm saying is that I'm not sold. I hope he turns out to be a beast, but I'm skeptical.

[/ QUOTE ]

10, 10, and 1.2 in 24 mpg is beyond impressive. I also have been impressed with what I've seen of his one-on-one defense.

His hands, frame, and agility, at his height/weight is something you cannot teach. Everything points to Bynum being an all-star.