Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2007, 09:13 PM

Default [x] Life tilt [x] 20x usual stakes, [x] Busto, [x] Looking for stake

Wow. I never thought I'd make a post like this but if HEK can, I suppose I can too.

After an extremely stressful winter and early spring where faith decided to [censored] up just about every part of my life at the same time, things had finally gotten back on track the last few months. I got back together with my girlfriend who I until recently loved very much. I started winning again and never really felt the need to take any shots at 10/20 or for that matter play much 5/10. Had a few tourney scores in may which gave me a 40k month. Life was good and I actually felt I decerved it.

Fast forward until last weekend. I show up late at this birthday Party for a buddy of mine. While still in the hallway I hear my name being mentioned and for some reason I stand back and listen in on the conversation. Turns out this piece of [censored] formerly one of my best [censored] friends has banged my girlfriend and somehow people got a hold of it. While some girl is telling him what a lowlife retard he is, I just sneak out completely stunned. Right then I could give a flying [censored] about that [censored] ex of mine, but that he could do something like that was devastating. Pictures of Michael Corleone telling Fredo he broke his heart were going through my mind.

What I should have done was obviously go back to the party and kick his ass which I think I'm a small fav to actually be able to do. Instead I go home and grow more pissed by the minute. Entering my room I see the laptop light glaring towards me and a terrible idea takes shape. "If I can't trust my friends, at least I'm gonna be rich".

Now, I have a ridic expensive lifestyle for someone who rarely plays above 3/6. This means I cash out all the time and recently more than ever to pay for rent/tuition and a new car that I hoped would be the subject of this BBV post. Oh well, the point being that my bankroll is(thank God) only 40k but(unfortunately) just moved to FullTilt where they have this juicy(yeah right) 50/100 game. It took me exactly 71 hands to throw $40 000 out the window. And besides this which obv was the second hand, I can't blame anything or anyone but myself.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $50/$100 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

BB: $10,000.00
Hero (SB): $9,710.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $300.00</font>, BB calls $200.00

Flop: ($600) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $500.00</font>, BB calls $500.00

Turn: ($1600) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1,300.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $4,500.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8,910.00</font>, BB calls $4,410.00

River: ($19420) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Pot Size: $19,420.00 ($0.50 Rake)

BB had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, ace high) and WON (+$9,709.50)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, kings) and LOST (-$9,710.00)