Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Default 3/6 turn

commerce 300/600
bb is the best player in the game. i have never played with him before. earlier he called me down with AJo UI on a board of Q8492 when i c/rd the flop and bet every street with KTs that missed. that was our first hand, and i think a lot of his play was "let's see what this [censored] has".

SB is a tricky LAG who plays well postflop, but sometimes can be insane. i have never played with her either. she earlier opened 74s utg+1.

i open the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], sb 3bets, bb caps, i call.

flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

sb check, bb bets, i call, sb calls.

turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sb check, bb bets, i.......
Old 09-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: 3/6 turn

Ugh tough spot, I get into this all the time cuz I peel flops light. I think this is a call though obviously my first instinct was raise. But BB was to know thats a particularly bad turn card so his turn bet is showing A LOT of strength and so I think we can rule out ace high for him. I think you do the SF thing and call and fold river unimproved.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-10-2007, 05:52 PM

are you really playing this game or is this one of those joke posts where your neighbor's roommate was actually the dealer?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:05 PM

i'd fold the flop with sb left to act behind you. I'd call the turn.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM

you playing in the 3/6? Dont leave Ill be there Wed!!!! Good Luck and just kidding....I raise the turn, but Im loose aggro [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And yes he can have A high...any medium pocket pr and if he 3 bones the turn then you just have to make a read, but most likely a call with 5 outs and fold unimproved.

I wouldnt want to let SB see river for one bet with KT or KQ and yes both peel flop after putting in 4 bets....you also might get TT in the SB to fold (small chance he has this exact hand but possible)
Old 09-10-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd fold the flop with sb left to act behind you. I'd call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

After playing with you (funky llama)and talking to others who played with you in the limit shootout, I doubt very seriously you would ever fold this for 1 bet on the flop...in fact you prob raise the flop.....
Old 09-10-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you really playing this game or is this one of those joke posts where your neighbor's roommate was actually the dealer?

[/ QUOTE ]

does the hand become not worth discussing if your assessment is true?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:05 PM

First thought was to raise/fold-check behind, but if BB is best player in game then he's probably going to be able to put you on exactly A9 or T9. Interesting spot.

Any reads?

Devo
Old 09-10-2007, 07:17 PM

This is why I don't play 3-6 this game on a regular basis. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but can I ask some other questions about this hand and learn from you guys?

Even though A9s is a stronger hand than either the sb or bb is giving you credit for, I still HATE having to call two cold back to me. I prolly muck pre-flop. If it's short-handed I'm playing, but you didn't mention this.

The flop is close, but I guess you should continue with a couple of backdoor draws and a dry ace which might be good. Postion is key too, but I don't like the fact you have a sb who might be c/r'ng. This is where I often come apart at the seams in these games against really good players who don't put up with my shenanigans...

If I decide not to fold for 1 bet, I'd rather raise the bb myself hoping to define their hands better and use whatever my positional advantage is good for against top players. I'd just HATE getting whipsawed here. I'd rather they just reach out and grab $1200 from my stack and put it in the pot. But I suppose the sb doesn't have to c/r, so calling is ok?

The turn is also where I come apart, instinctively raising, getting 3-bet, calling hoping I have outs to improve, and then mucking a huge pot after I don't. That can't be right either. So because you hold an ace calling the turn is probably best. I'll follow this thread with interest. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 PM

I always thought my never peeling flops was an excuse to be weak tight like my nature. This hand reminds me why I don't do it nearly as often as most.