Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 04:03 PM

Default NL10 Slowplay here goot?

While reviewing the session, I was taking notes on my decision to slow play, which I rarely do at NL10, and while I thought it was a good decision, I was looking for feedback from others.

UTG is a TAG and decent player
BTN is Semi-Loose with Normal-Passive aggression PF, but knows how to play, very aggressive post flop when he hits, plays a lot of fit/fold. Will chase with odds.
BB is a true LAG, hyper agressive pre and post flop. (60/30/7 over 250+ hands) That will consistently fire out a second barrel into multipots on the turn. (Turn aggression is 10+)

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($21.60)
Hero ($9.80)
BB ($9.45)
UTG ($16.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.10, Hero completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue">I decided to complete since the more passive player had open limped, I was out of position on the table, but if the LAG raised, would have a relative positional advantage, and I didn't want to face a three bet from the LAG, but would not mind calling a pre-flop raise if he made one. The LAG was not crazy PF, he would not do massive ALL-IN raises/re=raises unless pot size appropriate, his raises/re-raises were all pot size relative.</font>

Flop: ($0.30) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.3</font>, Button calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

<font color="blue"> I decided to slow play here because there was no before the flop action. I checked, got the LAG to bet and the more passive player to call then closed the action. I was hoping for a card on the turn that would complete straights/flushes that I could then stack and believed that a check/raise here would scream at least jack and shut down anything except for made straights and flushes and might even scare some of them away.</font>
Old 07-14-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: NL10 Slowplay here goot?

Meh, I don't mind a slowplay here since the pot is multi-way and you have a fairly well concealed monster. I think your reasoning is good in this hand. As a general rule I absolutely despise the slowplay, but this looks like the right spot. I would try to get some money in on the turn, tho.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:23 PM

i think that you should c/r flop and lead turn cause they propably have some sorts of draws and at least one of them is likely to call + you wanna build the pot here,also they might have a Jx and get into a raising war w/ you and if they have nothing they won't pay you off much anyways after they see the turn.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:29 PM

I think a slowplay is good, because you crippled the deck. There are only 3 cards out there that could really have hit this flop. So at least one of those players is betting on air. And since aggressive players like to bet and not call, I slowplay here.
I don't know if I go for another c/r on the turn though, because I don't want to lose value. Esp. when a heart hits, you should lead, because many people tend to slowplay as soon as the hit their draw, but they will pay you off on the turn, obv. When the turn is a blank, I'd go for the c/r probably.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a slowplay is good, because you crippled the deck. There are only 3 cards out there that could really have hit this flop. So at least one of those players is betting on air. And since aggressive players like to bet and not call, I slowplay here.
I don't know if I go for another c/r on the turn though, because I don't want to lose value. Esp. when a heart hits, you should lead, because many people tend to slowplay as soon as the hit their draw, but they will pay you off on the turn, obv. When the turn is a blank, I'd go for the c/r probably.

[/ QUOTE ]
Turn was the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] what I was looking for, something to complete straights so now T9 and AT have made straights. I doubt anyone has KJ or QQ because either of those would have raised pre-flop with the opponents I had. (Note, I think AT, especially suited, would have raised pre-flop too) But I also figured KT, QT, JT as well as possibly K9, Q9 and J9 might pay me off even to a turn c/r. Given that the LAG's Turn aggression was so high, I lean towards continuing the slow play to start the turn. My thinking was that in the worst case it gets checked through and I lead the river for $2. But the LAG's 10 turn AF led me to believe he would fire again and that if the BTN called or raised, he had a hand he would see showdown with so I could safely c/r the turn and get at least one if not both AI right there.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:45 PM

If you were confident that BB will stay in line and do what he always does, i.e. fire a 2nd barrel, I think a CRAI is the way to go here.
Just hope that no one had KJ. But KJ wouldn't have folded even if you had open pushed the flop, so the end result is the same. Only difference is, that you would have gotten your money in ahead and had a right to complain about the suckout [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were confident that BB will stay in line and do what he always does, i.e. fire a 2nd barrel, I think a CRAI is the way to go here.
Just hope that no one had KJ. But KJ wouldn't have folded even if you had open pushed the flop, so the end result is the same. Only difference is, that you would have gotten your money in ahead and had a right to complain about the suckout [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope I wouldn't complain either way, after the flop QJ and KJ are both seeing the felt. Like I said though, BB would have raised KJ in the BB with a 30% PFR and BTN would likely not have open limped from the button with it. (He could, but not likely, I completely discount QQ for BTN and QQ or KJ for the BB due to the lack of a PFR)

Edit: Oh, and the 10 Turn AF tells me that the BB will either bet again or fold to a lead by me unless he can at least beat a straight (so QJ is the only hand he realistically either calls or raises me with) BTN will pay off a value bet on the river with small holdings.