Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Insane FT 10NL...Right now

Cr - Tay was filled with utter maniacs for a minute there...the average pot had been over $9.70 for a while lol. Villain has been stacked twice by others but has doubled up in the past few hands so we are both very deep.V is definitely donkish however and was stacked holding A hi and tp nk respectively.More 'calling station' awful than hyper-aggro' awful though. I on the other hand was in complete lockdown and only playing the nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
As far as this hand goes, how did I do? Is there ever a thought that we are being zeebo'd at the end or is it as much of an insta call vs particular villain as I think it is? Assuming she didn't shove the river, whats a decent bet at the end... around $4.80-ish or full pot?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $3.40
BB: $21.50
UTG: $6.90
Hero (CO): $20.90
BTN: $11.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 J (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.35</font>, BB calls $1.85

River: ($5.55) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $18.20</font>, Hero calls all-in for $18.15
Uncalled bet of $0.05 returned to BB

Pot Size: $41.85 ($1 Rake)

TY
Old 07-14-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Insane FT 10NL...Right now

because of villains maniac image i assume he is on a bluff and i call this one.if he had JJ he would had raised you pre-flop and with TT no way she isnt betting that flop.

you won this right?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:43 AM

Ahh, well that games broken up now,sorry to anyone that saw the title and rushed in. She wasn't the maniac. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If she was I'd auto call then cry later lol. She was teh one calling down the maniacs thinly...often 'too' thinly so there was prob some tilt/aggressiveness there. I'm happy with the call, not particularly sure about flop and turn though. I really wanted to build a pot, but was aware that my image was very different from the others at the table as I was playing about 2/3rds fewer hands, w/o aggression, so I didn't want to scare villain off. Thoughts?
Also,respect to G and gl on his 'Well' experience lol
Old 07-14-2007, 08:51 AM

the heart sucks, but you can still pretty much instacall. If she didnt shove river, I'd go full pot against a loose opponent like this. Villian flushed out didnt she?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 AM

Hero has a full house. Bet the flop and start getting your money in. River is an instant call.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:02 AM

Yeah, she did... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Everything worked out fine on this hand, but it could easily have been different w/o the turn 5. Really just wondering about flop/turn and getting value from a habitual caller vs letting her make some sort of hand to call a big bet with.
Full pot sounds fine and would prob have been my line if she didn't shove. Is there any argument for shoving ourselves? If she's made a weakish flush...will still likely be committed to the hand and the payoff is immense vs PSB, but is probably called only slightly less often (assuming villain has made her flush or even a straight)Any hands that have missed completely aren't calling PSB anyways so...?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:06 AM

cbet flop , if you say villain is a calling station why check and keep the pot small ..no need to slowplay really

as played river is an instacall against a donkish opp ...